What is Web3
- 📅a year ago
Web3 is about the next evolution of the web. A web that is more open, transparent and decentralized.
Web3 is about the next evolution of the web. A web that is more open, transparent and permissionless and runs on decentralized infrastructure such as blockchains. Global and decentralized applications (DApps) that anyone can interact with. They often have native assets integrated (such as Ether) to transact value, but are not just about money or payments. These decentralized applications offer a range of digitial services, such as storage, bandwidth and computation without any risk of downtime, censorship, fraud, or 3rd-party interference.
- Open - in that they are built from open-source software, by an open and accessible community of developers and executed in full view of the world.
- Trustless - in that the network itself allows participants to interact publicly, or privately without a trusted third party
- Permissionless - in that anyone, both users and suppliers, can participate without authorisation from a governing body
- Financial Tools (payments, fund raising, lending, borrowing,..)
- Identity solutions (self-sovereign, decentralized identifiers,..)
- More secure voting and governance mechanisms
- Efficient resources management (CO2 tracking, smart grid’s,..)
- Digital ownership registries (e.g. land, collectibles, NFT’s,..)
- Supply chain tracking
useWeb3 is a learning platform for developers to explore and learn about Web3. Whether you’re a new dev getting your hands dirty for the first time, or a seasoned developer making the transition into the Web3 space.
Explore the latest resources, tutorials, challenges, tools, courses and boilerplates and start learning. Once you’re ready, browse the job board to land a job at some of the leading companies that work on core, open-source infrastructure, products, tools, frameworks, DAO's, etc.
- A Cyberphunk's Manifesto, Eric Hughes
- The Meaning of Decentralization, Vitalik Buterin
- Why decentralization matters, Chris Dixon
- What Is Web 3.0 & Why It Matters, Max Mersch and Richard Muirhead
- What exactly is Web3?, Juan Benet (VIDEO)