About the Flock
We are an inclusive community welcoming Toucans of all backgrounds, shapes and sizes. We want Toucan to be where we do the best work of our lives. We work flexibly and autonomously, trusting one another to deliver world class results.
At Toucan, we are building the infrastructure to reverse climate change.
The climate crisis stems largely from a misalignment of incentives. Polluters don’t pay for their emissions. The voluntary carbon credit market is changing this, enabling companies to offset their emissions by paying projects to capture carbon. Today, this market is highly wasteful due to a lack of liquid markets, forcing projects to go through layers of financial middlemen that extract the majority of money from credits.
Toucan is enabling a web3 regenerative finance ecosystem, by bridging carbon credits into crypto and pooling them in standardized categories. We have created the first globally accessible and liquid market for voluntary carbon credits. Working with T1 DeFi protocols and the community we enable carbon credits to be used as collateral, yields and money, as well as a huge range of novel applications. In the first month, our Base Carbon Tonne did 2b$ in volume and we bridged over 21m tonnes of CO2. We are just getting started, and need top talent that want maximum leverage in solving the climate crisis. This is where you come in!
As our new Content Manager, you will join a team of passionate marketers to help us define, develop and distribute Toucan’s user focussed content output.
This role is 9-12 months maternity cover.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Working with the Head of Marketing to map Toucan’s content strategy
- Establishing and maintaining Toucan’s content calendar
- Writing blog posts, newsletters, case studies
- Working with guest editors on commissioning and packaging thought leadership pieces
- Working with social media team on distribution/ tracking and reporting
- Developing Toucan’s email marketing content and strategy
- Setting up paid promotion on search/social
You most likely have the following experience and skills
- 5+ years of experience in content writing and distribution roles
- Experience across content creation, distribution and amplification
- Skilled at working autonomously and figuring things out as you go.
- Track record of growing engagement across content channels
- Ability to understand and simplify complex topics