Backend / API Engineer
- 📅4 days ago
At Textile, we’re looking for passion, integrity, and an experimental mindset. We welcome rigorous thinkers who can move quickly, learn continuously, and thrive in a supportive, engaging, and diverse workplace—join us.
Textile's mission is to accelerate the exchange of information on the Internet. We are a technology company focused on building tools that help developers leverage open networks, protocols, and blockchains. We are a https://www.notion.so/48bf90d42b84407a840849bc110bb58f" target="blank">small, fully remote team aligned in our vision to experimentally change the relationship between technology and data. We are currently building https://tableland.xyz" target="blank">Tableland. We are a fully open source company.
Textile's infrastructure is written primarily in Golang and sits at the heart of Textile's products and gRPC services. It is built on top of protocols like Libp2p, https://libp2p.io/">Libp2p, href="IPFShttps://ipfs.io/">IPFS>, and Filecoinhttps://filecoin.io/">Filecoin> and is deployed to Google Kubernetes Engine. Your role will interact with layers throughout the stack and own responsibilities from research and development to implementation and production monitoring.
- Become a deep technical expert across Libp2p, https://libp2p.io/">Libp2p, href="IPFShttps://ipfs.io/">IPFS>, and Filecoin. https://filecoin.io/">Filecoin.>
- Research, contribute to the product vision and help define the roadmap of multiple products.
- Build and maintain features on the Textile Hub. Implement new APIs. Optimize existing APIs.
- Build new services and systems to integrate with blockchain networks.
- Build new features to integrate with the Filecoin network.
- Build and help evolve Powergate, https://github.com/textileio/powergate">Powergate, href="go-threadshttps://github.com/textileio/go-threads">go-threads>, and go-buckets. https://github.com/textileio/go-buckets">go-buckets.>
You also likely:
- Have 5+ years of production-level Golang experience.
- Have some interest in TypeScript, Rust, or Solidity.
- Are an excellent communicator and writer.
- Are incredibly curious, professional, personable, and self-directed.
- Have track-record of influencing and making critical decisions.
- Have open-source project experience.
- Are interested in Filecoin or related technologies.
- Have attention to detail with a passion for software architecture and design.
- Have a location in a timezone between GMT -3 to GMT -7 (South or North America)
- Contribute to technology at the forefront of the web.
- Work with a company on a mission to have a positive impact.
- Work on a fully remote team.
- Work on a small, passionate team.
- An entrepreneurial opportunity where you can have oversized impacts.
- Opportunity to drive innovation and strategy.
- Your work will be open source.
Textile is a fully remote company spanning GMT -3 to GMT -7 (North America & South America). While being small, we've found that it is helpful to have a high level of overlap as a team.
Learn more about us at https://textile.iohttps://textile.io/">https://textile.io>, https://tableland.xyz" target="blank">https://tableland.xyz>, and https://twitter.com/tableland" target="blank">@tableland.