Executive Director, Data Preservation
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅5 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs is a network of over 450 open-source teams, projects, and organizations. These teams are focused on researching, developing, and deploying network protocols with a common goal to drive breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. The Protocol Labs Network is fully decentralized and comprises many projects building on top of network native technologies, such as IPFS, IPLD, Filecoin, and libp2p.
This role is focused on the Filecoin ecosystem, a decentralized storage platform, where we are seeking an experienced leader to come in and lead a new entity being spun out of Protocol Labs.
This Executive Director will play a pivotal role in managing and leading a significant community governance program as an independent entity in the Filecoin ecosystem. They will be responsible for cultivating a strong, engaged, and vibrant community that collaborates effectively with the development teams and other relevant stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled communicator, a diplomatic problem-solver, and an inspiring leader capable of navigating through conflicts and uncertainties while setting a positive tone for the project.
- Community Governance Strategy:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive community governance strategy that aligns with Filecoin's long-term vision and objectives. This includes creating guidelines, policies, and processes for community decision-making and conflict resolution.
- Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and manage a diverse team of approximately 10 individuals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement. Additionally, oversee and coordinate the work of various contractors contributing to the community governance program.
- Community Engagement:
- Engage with the Filecoin community, maintain an open and approachable presence across various communication channels, and actively listen to the needs, concerns, and suggestions of community members.
- Conflict Resolution:
- Address and mediate conflicts within the community promptly and professionally. Develop effective strategies to defuse tension and encourage constructive dialogues that lead to mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Data-Driven Decision Making:
- Utilize strong analytical skills to gather and interpret relevant data, providing valuable insights for data-driven decision-making related to community governance initiatives.
- Stakeholder Collaboration:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including development, marketing, and operations, to ensure community governance aligns with broader organizational goals.
- Community Events and Programs:
- Organize and lead community events, webinars, workshops, and educational programs to foster a deeper sense of community involvement and understanding.
- Community Growth and Outreach:
- Proactively work on expanding the Filecoin community, attract new members, and maintain strong relationships with existing stakeholders.
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in community management and leadership roles, ideally within the blockchain or cryptocurrency industry.
- Proven experience managing and leading teams, demonstrating exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent conflict resolution and mediation abilities, with a track record of handling difficult community situations with empathy and diplomacy.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills, leveraging data to inform strategic choices.
- A deep understanding of blockchain technology, decentralized networks, and the principles of community governance.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Familiarity with the Filecoin ecosystem and a passion for decentralized storage and blockchain technology is a plus.
We look forward to welcoming a dynamic and capable leader to the Filecoin ecosystem as we continue to work on the future of decentralized storage together.
The expected base pay for this position ranges from $225,000 to $275,000.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.