People Manager, PL Network
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅a month ago
Key Summary: The People Manager, PL Network role is highly versatile and execution oriented. You will have the opportunity to add value to the collective of 200+ PL Network startups around the world, building the future of web3, by managing projects and strategic initiatives that elevate their people practices and programming.
About Protocol Labs (PL): PL is an open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and many more. We aim to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. We are a fully distributed company. Our team members work remotely and in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances in computing and related fields.
About the People Team: The People Team enables PL’s success through -
- Designing and leading innovative people programs and practices that help people to do their best work
- Supporting all initiatives involving engaging, developing, and retaining people
- Driving sustainable and responsible organizational growth through effective talent management and development
As People Manager, PL Network, you will…
- Be the program manager for our initiative to elevate PL Network Companies’ practices and programming, while integrating our mission, strategy, and data into design, consultation and recommendations
- Partner with and coach PL Network founders and leaders to grow and scale their people functions
- Collaborate with Recruiting and DevCo leaders across the organization to implement people projects and strategic initiatives within the PL Network
- Iterate on related people practices and programming to help scale impactful initiatives across selected PL Network Companies
- Directly manage the People Coordinator, PL Network
- Review/audit work and identify + implement opportunities to scale, streamline and improve the function
- Lead ad hoc projects
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years of People Operations experience, preferably in the tech/startup industry
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Demonstrated People Business Partnership (HRBP) experience
- Experience documenting people practices for a large and diverse audience
- Built various People programs and solutions with the full life cycle in mind (ideation, MVP, launch, measure, iterate)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate content for different audiences
- Experience working in a collaborative team environments
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization by achieving credibility and influencing key decisions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- Discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
- Excellent Google suite skills
- Strong interest in Web3, cryptocurrencies, OSS and decentralized work
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.