Inaugural Product Manager, NFT.Storage DAO
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅14 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
We seek talented human catalysts with a passion for guiding teams to drive the technical, interpersonal, and organizational work that improves NFT.Storage. This involves the direct coordination of work and delivery, as well as the creation of scalable systems that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of this coordination in a fast-moving, high-growth, and distributed environment. NFT.Storage is quickly becoming a foundational piece of infrastructure for the NFT community. As the project converts into a DAO, we look for an early leader to help steward the product roadmap.
We are hiring a Inaugural Product Manager to help drive and coordinate development of NFT.Storage, a public commons for NFT data built on top of IPFS and store data long-term in Filecoin. These products are built to meet web developers where they are today, providing best-in-class ease-of-use and performance, but remain trustless by addressing and storing data in a cryptographically provable way (e.g., using https://docs.ipfs.io/concepts/content-addressing/"> style="font-weight: 400;">content IDs to reference data and storing with Filecoin storage providers who generate https://filecoin.io/blog/posts/what-sets-us-apart-filecoin-s-proof-system/"> style="font-weight: 400;">publicly verifiable proofs).
We're looking for a leader to help steward this project into its first steps of decentralization: helping to shape the product roadmap, grow the execution team, and coordinate technically complex solutions to solve user problems and needs. This coordination involves managing working with ecosystem partners, comprised of multiple open source development teams running a live production service with thousands of users and managing tens of millions of uploads.
As the Inaugural Product Manager, you will partner with an interdisciplinary team who are deep experts in relevant areas like data structures, distributed protocols, and full-stack web development to design and build simple developer interfaces on top of resilient systems that incorporate web3 innovations. You will work closely with the product and engineering teams to define structured workplans, and ultimately be responsible for the successful execution and delivery of these projects. You will help chart the path and requirements for bringing on-chain infrastructure to help the NFT.Storage DAO fulfill its broader mission. You must be adaptive, execution-oriented, and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment.
The Inaugural Product Manager is responsible for creating the project plan, schedule, and key milestones. You will work with the community to derive the product requirements and engineering leadership to determine technical scope and flag key dependencies. You will be responsible for the coordination and management of different working groups or stakeholders to deliver on the plan, as well as coordinating updates across and outside the team on key workstreams.
You will also be responsible for improving and adapting processes to fit the needs of a quickly scaling organization. This might include helping restructure the project process (taking into consideration partner constraints and roadmap), implementing systems to make tracking and reporting more efficient, and building a team of TPMs or project managers.
As the Inaugural Product Manager for NFT.Storage, you will…
- Lead the efficient delivery of cross-functional projects
- Drive team decision-making on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate product roadmaps - deriving requirements from all stakeholder groups
- Drive execution of projects
- Lead cross functional project meetings, communication, and decision making for an organization that spans multiple time zones
- Drive quarterly goal setting, prioritization, and individual work coordination
- Lead revision and restructure of delivery processes and systems as the organization grows
You may be a fit for this role if…
- You are comfortable collaborating with engineers, understanding web3 technology, and developing a good intuition and frameworks for decision-making
- You are experienced in gathering requirements, developing specifications, and driving execution
- You can drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups
- You have product and project management experience in large-scale production systems
- You have experience managing hardware/software product releases
- You have proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with diverse technical teams and stakeholders
- You have experience leading 3rd party teams, engineering teams, and business stakeholders
- Experience managing technical teams
- Working with distributed teams
- Experience working in Open Source projects
- Experience working in volunteer-led organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage project/task prioritization, project planning and schedule development
- Leadership roles in DAO and thoughts around DAO governance
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.