Senior Product Designer at Tephra Labs
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅9 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
This position is for our network partner, Tephra Labs.
Tephra Labs builds technology for large-scale human coordination. We believe that new coordination structures are needed for humanity to address our largest challenges and opportunities. At Tephra Labs, we take an open-source, protocol-driven approach to building the necessary solutions to meet these needs. Our first product is https://radius.space/" target="_blank">Radius, a decentralized network that connects independent workers and teams to the best projects in web3. The team behind Tephra Labs’ products, protocols, and communities is mission-oriented, dedicated, and hardworking. We are fully remote, and our teammates are based around the world.
As a member of the Tephra Labs team, you will join an early-stage team that is building foundational tooling for the future of work. Our team is cross-functional, and you will be working closely with product managers, engineers, product designers, protocol designers, writers, and community managers. We are looking for teammates that are world-class at what they do, are comfortable defining a path through ambiguity, and want to do whatever it takes to support the Tephra Labs mission.
As a Senior Product Designer at Tephra Labs, you will:
- Work with the product managers and engineers on our team to define long-term strategy and short-term tactics for a broad range of products and experiences
- Have an opportunity to drive product and design strategy for a set of products through their early-stage and high-growth phases
- Craft/design world-class product experiences to help people discover work that is fulfilling for them and succeed at completing projects, building portfolios, and growing their skillset
- Be an advocate and champion to represent the voice of the user in product and engineering conversations
- Translate abstract ideas around user experiences/product flows into crisp visual articulations that can be implemented by engineering teams
- Collaborate with a talented cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and marketing professionals
- Grow significantly due to the breadth and depth of the scope of the role
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Care deeply and feel ownership of your users’ experiences with the products you design
- Resonate with the mission to create a more autonomous and fulfilling future of work for all individuals
- Have experience with product design for large-scale web applications, ideally from scratch
- Thrive in fast-paced startup environments
- Are extremely detail-oriented and take great pride in delivering exceptional work products
- Love working with and learning from others
- Are skilled at communicating your ideas in various forms
- Have 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Enjoy designing in Figma
- Are enthusiastic about the opportunity to work on building something great!
- Web3 experience
- Experience with projects around future of work
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.