Web3 Ecosystem Hiring Funnel, Software Engineers
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅8 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Define and build software for tomorrow's web with the Launchpad Residency
With 30+ teams within Protocol Labs and 300+ companies in the Protocol Labs Network (PLN) - now is a great time for developers to ramp up their web3 knowledge and contribute to these cutting-edge technologies directly. The Launchpad Hiring Funnel is designed for engineers ready to build the next generation of the internet who wish to explore a diverse array of projects, and teams, to find their ideal team match at the intersection of their passions, skills, and interests.
After exploring our ecosystem through Launchpad Talent Funnel, new hires participate in the Launchpad Training and Onboarding program, designed to help technical talent level up their decentralized protocol skills through a 6-week onboarding program, where you will learn the mechanics of how our decentralized innovation network collaborates, our protocol suite like IPFS, Filecoin, IPLD, and libp2p, and the innovative projects being built upon them through hands-on labs, 1:1 technical mentorship, expert Q&As from network-teams, and CoLo Week, which brings the CoHort together in a global location to deepen bonds and gain first-hand Web3 community experience at an industry conference.
Software Engineering in the Protocol Labs Network
By gaining exposure to our engineering across the PL Network through the residency program, we will accelerate your ability to have a high impact on a more resilient, more secure, distributed version of the web. Our community values rigorous engineering with a passion & curiosity to apply your skills in new platforms & environments. We strike a balance between pragmatism (put it on a ship ⛴), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of strong engineering principles. All of this happens in a community defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
As a Software Engineer in the Protocol Labs Network, you will...
- Build the next generation of peer-to-peer software, working on projects like libp2p, IPFS and Filecoin, or one of the hundreds of projects built on these foundations
- Participate in the design and implementation of distributed applications
- Develop solutions to hard problems, such as low-trust distributed systems and forming new products
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, design, community, product, and business
- Build a personal project that highlights your interests and learnings from Launchpad
- Land multiple OSS contributions to core protocols and tooling, guided by a senior mentor within the PL Network
- Receive personal 1:1 mentorship from the experts behind the PL Protocols
- Build relationships with founders, leaders & engineers from across the Web3 community
- Team-match with a project aligned with your unique skills, interests, and passions
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- You see yourself as a fit for several different openings on our network jobs page: https://jobs.protocol.ai/companies >
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer (or equivalent practical experience)
- A solid understanding of CS principles and how to apply them in software design
- Experience designing and shipping software projects with significant complexity.
- Depth in one of the following domains: blockchain technology, distributed systems/backend, distributed networking, full stack, production developer tools, or DevOps
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience leading open source projects, and/or guiding their communities
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices
- Internet-scale systems experience (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering)
- Experience building with decentralized building blocks such as DHTs, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchain, p2p networking, etc.
What is PLN Launchpad?
PLN Launchpad is both a hiring program & onboarding program. Designed to accelerate the development of the Web3 by hiring providing software engineers from diverse backgrounds with an ecosystem of opportunities, and paths, to join the Protocol Labs Network(PLN) & provide new hires with a six-week, full-time onboarding program designed to train, develop, and grow our community at scale.
Read more about Launchpad here:
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.