Engineering Manager: Launchpad Growth & Onboarding (Lead)
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅3 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Protocol Labs is seeking a dynamic Engineering Manager for Launchpad
This individual will be a strategic partner to Protocol Labs’ executive leadership, responsible for identifying and hiring high-growth engineers & operators, coaching launchpad participants, matching technical talent with the right teams and opportunities, and representing Launchpad as an advocate for strong engineering culture and rigor.
About the PL Launchpad Program
The PL Launchpad Program is a hiring & onboarding program designed for people who are passionate about accelerating their growth in the Web3 space. Launchpad aims to hire entrepreneurial leaders from diverse development & operations backgrounds into a six-week, full-time onboarding program designed to train, develop, and team-match talent with Web3 opportunities across the Protocol Labs Network. Launchpad is designed for people who are passionate about joining the Web3 community, learning about the PL Network tools and protocols, and applying their skills to open-source Web3 initiatives that will be deployed worldwide & ultimately reshape our world.
As Launchpad Growth EM at Protocol Labs you will…
- Lead the hiring and sourcing of amazing new talent to staff and grow world-class teams across the PL Network
- Onboard engineers into the PL Launchpad Program, and match them successfully with best-fit open roles in PL Network companies/projects
- Source, screen, and recruit at a world-class level—actively network, reach out to candidates, and conduct other activities to attract top talent to the PL Network
- Coach launchpad participants on best fit roles, project fit, and technical areas of growth/development
- Lead iteration on our Launchpad hiring strategy, coordinating closely with people/recruiting teams
- Lead the development of Launchpad’s scalable interview process for a variety of role types
- Work with companies across the PL Network to ensure Launchpad is a great talent funnel for their roles and teams by championing network-wide participation and engagement
- Speak on panels, encourage OSS contributions and write blog posts about the the Launchpad program and its growth potential for attendees
- Maintain and strengthen the PL Network community via a culture of growth, openness, trust, rigor, humility, and collaboration
- Advocate for and enhance PL’s asynchronous, autonomous, and distributed working culture
- Nurture Engineering’s strong relationship/alignment with other orgs and teams
- Have 5-10 years of experience in engineering management, technical / team leadership, as a founder, or a combination of engineering & strategy/operations roles
- Experience growing and scaling teams, and motivating others by creating a shared sense of purpose
- Demonstrable success as an engineering lead/manager in building, coaching, and fostering highly-functional, healthy, inclusive and collaborative teams
- Technical credibility and depth through lengthy software engineering experience with back-end and distributed systems
- A track record of recruiting and retaining great people through strong coaching, mentoring and personal development
- Experience working with and/or managing geographically distributed teams & open source projects and communities
- Ability to thrive with a high level of self-direction, autonomy and responsibility
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with tech-bootcamp or developer training programs
- Working knowledge of Github, Notion, Slack and Discord
- An excitement for collaborating with people across Protocol Labs towards our shared mission
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.