Events Lead - PL Network Services
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅2 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Protocol Labs Network Services
Protocol Labs is a research and development laboratory that has built and scaled multiple projects that have made great contributions to the web3 ecosystem. To fuel our next phase of growth, we’ve created a new team—Network Services—to connect teams in the Protocol Labs network with resources and capabilities that help them scale successfully.
As the Events Lead for Network Services, you will play a critical role in developing and implementing an events strategy that (1) inspires the community about what technology can do for humanity and (2) equips them with knowledge and connections to drive forward Protocol Labs’ mission. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the web3 space and Protocol Labs Network, then identify and organize key events to help them connect. We anticipate we’ll organize multiple 1000+ people events per year, as well as a regular cadence of smaller events. In this role, you will play a critical role in the development and growth of teams in the network.
As an Events Lead at Protocol Labs, you will…
- Develop a deep understanding of the web3 space and needs of the Protocol Labs Network, then synthesize and share your findings with network teams
- Apply first principles thinking to identify events that benefit the network (e.g., network-wide conference, founder summits, etc.)
- Fully own the organization of Network Services events, including production, content, budget, swag, promotion, website and systems, and more.
- Build or hire a team (internal or external) to support your efforts.
- Build processes and systems to track and manage events and their impact, then improve them.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have 10+ years of experience managing events, including large events (1000+ people)
- Have expertise across event production, content programming, speaker outreach, events website building
- Have experience with web3 or working with developer communities.
- Have experience negotiating with events agencies and coordinating multiple events agencies
- Get a kick out of leveraging first principle thinking to achieve great results
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction.
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively.
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well.
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Strong rolodex of agencies / freelance across the globe
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.