People Ops Generalist
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅3 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
About the DevCo People Team:
The DevCo people team is a NEW People Team at Protocol labs challenging the status quo of Global employment infrastructure. Inspired by Web3 principles, our small but mighty team is designing and scaling new ways of enabling Global and Distributed workforces. Today we support nearly 300 Labbers across 25 countries in all aspects related to Global Employment including: EOR partnerships, Immigration, Benefits, People Technology, and Policy Development.
This People Ops Generalist role is a highly versatile, execution oriented role that is varied, dynamic, and fluid. In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and contribute to complex and varied projects while executing against a People strategy that will directly enable our Labbers to do their best work – anywhere in the world. We also have some very exciting upcoming new areas of ownership! If you are someone that enjoys building, fast iteration, conquering ambiguity and change while challenging the status quo, let’s chat!
About the role
- Program design and development in functional areas such as EOR/PEO Partnership Expansion, Immigration, Benefits, Onboarding, Internal Comms, Compensation, and People Technology.
- Optimize and re-design playbooks, workflows and processes prioritizing technology and automation to accelerate scale.
- Review/audit processes and data, identify opportunities to scale and recommend and implement solutions while understanding downstream impact
- Identify and implement new tools to empower People Ops while enhancing the Labber experience
- Contribute to global policy and handbook development in partnership with our expert legal teams.
- Support several organizations in employee relations matters
- Lead ad hoc projects
- 4+ years of People Operations experience, preferably in the tech industry and at a startup
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent Google suite skills: Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms
- Analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into action plans
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Experience working in a collaborative and remote team environments
- The ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization by achieving credibility and influencing key decisions
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.