Engineering Manager, FilInfra
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅3 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
What we're looking for
We are looking an experienced Engineering Manager for Infra team in Protocol Labs. This talented engineering leader will help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, decentralized infrastructure system. Evolve our infrastructure to be the standard of running IPFS/IPFS-FILECOIN clusters and provides the tools for anyone want to run them
FiL Infra’s mission is to operate and monitor core Filecoin network infrastructure and drive operational improvements in Lotus to increase network resiliency and general Filecoin adoption.
As part of the Infra team we help grow adoption and growth of the decentralized Internet by building software infrastructure for implementation of the Filecoin, IPFS, and protocols, and operating them as services that can be consumed in a secure, reliable, and scalable manner. We succeed through team work, favoring simplicity over sophistication, and fostering a sense of community.
- Lead the team that builds and scales our IPFS/IPFS-FILECOIN infrastructure
- Handle incident response and communication; jump in to write code and extinguish fires if needed
- Act as an architect and work across teams to evolve the overall architecture in order to sustain the challenges presented by hyper-growth of our ecosystem.
- Inspiring your team and others with technical vision and customer obsession.
- Recruiting and retaining talented software engineers by partnering closely with our recruiters
- Keeping the team connected to the needs of engineering and business.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance on the professional and technical development of engineers
- Maintaining a positive and supportive work culture.
- You have at least 5 years experience in an engineering management role in an infrastructure teamat least 5 people.
- Prior hiring and management experience
- You have at least 10 years experience in an engineering role in Infrastructure
- Significant experience building insanely scalable, fault-tolerant, and robust products and platforms
- You have experience defining the role and scope of a core platform and data teams in a rapidly growing company.
- Bonus if you have run decentralized teams.
- You have experience as a manager or leading engineering role in a startup.
- You have a deliver mindset and apply that to how you would build out platform and data services.
- You love systems and software and are competent in both.
- You’re curious and dive deep into different system architectures.
- You are a leader, coach and enjoy creating opportunities for others.
- You are an organized and excellent written and verbal communicator.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.