Fil-Infra DevOps/SRE Engineer
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅5 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
What we're looking for
We are looking for an engineer that can contribute toward the design, implementation and optimization of cloud native and on-premise infrastructure, supporting team and stakeholder objectives.
An Infrastructure (DevOps) Engineer who would work within an agile team of engineers, delivering highly resilient, scalable, automated, and performant infrastructure. Our team values pragmatic, maintainable, and conscientious solutions which leave work in a better shape than how it was found. Typical activities include (but not limited to) contributing infrastructure-as-code via GitHub pull request using helm, kubernetes, and terraform; monitoring and maintaining filecoin core infrastructure, automating and instrumenting devnet creation and maintenance; interacting with partners on which our infrastructure is dependent; troubleshooting processing pipelines and cloud infrastructure; designing, creating and deploying software solutions to cover functional gaps; and/or participate in regular meetings with colleagues to keep stakeholders well-informed.
Fil-Infra’s main goal is to operate and monitor core Filecoin network infrastructure and drive operational improvements in Lotus to increase network resiliency and general Filecoin adoption.
As part of the NetOps team, Fil-Infra is supporting the adoption and growth of the decentralized Internet by building software infrastructure for implementation of the Filecoin, IPFS protocols, and operating them as services that can be consumed in a secure, reliable, and scalable manner. We succeed through team work, favoring simplicity over sophistication, and fostering sense of community.
As a FIL-Infra DevOps/SRE Engineer at Protocol Labs, you will...
- Participate on an on-call rotation to respond to Filecoin core infrastructure availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with partners/customer incidents.
- Use your on-call shift to prevent incidents from ever happening.
- Run our infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes.
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Improve the deployment process to be repeatable and predictable.
- Automate Lotus network devnet deployments and develop tooling for validation and monitoring.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allowhttp://api.chain.love"> api.chain.love to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Plan the growth of Filecoin infrastructure.
- Work closely with our partner teams to understand how to build/test/deploy software applications
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- 4+ years experience as SRE/DevOps Engineer
- Demonstrable experience in Containerization-Docker and orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Demonstrable experience in CI/CD tools such as CircleCI, Github Actions and Helm
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (Terraform, Ansible)
- Basic programming and scripting skills (preferably Golang, bash, shell, etc.,)
- Ability to provide advice, best practices and recommendations for the operation and deployment of AWS.
- Knowledge and proven hands-on experience in Data Centres is an asset, but optional
- Experience in monitoring and analyzing infrastructure performance using standard performance monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and command line system administration such as Bash, VIM, SSH.
- Network routing, Load balancing and Networking protocols, a base knowledge of TCP/IP, with an understanding of HTTP and DNS
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.