- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅4 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Protocol Labs, is seeking Technical Sourcers who are motivated, curious and inquisitive to join our globally distributed and diverse team. You will be an advocate for our employer brand and build pipelines of exceptional talent to help us reach the next phase of hyper-growth.
The Technical Sourcer will play an essential part in supporting our growing engineering teams by partnering directly with our Technical Recruiters & Engineering leadership all while managing candidates at the top of the funnel. This is a unique and impactful opportunity to help accelerate the business by engaging top engineering talent across multiple fields and being an expert on market insights.
People at Protocol Labs
The People Team at Protocol Labs powers our work. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and spec work, behind our implementations are passionate people, teammates and community members. The People Team ensures that the Protocol Labs team remains happy, aligned and productive. Protocol Labs works at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open source, distributed work). The People Team has the challenging and exciting task of taking the best from these cultures to shape the way we work at PL and ensure we all grow as people and professionals. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
About the Role
- Supporting the recruiting team by building a pipeline of top candidates through researching and sourcing for candidates
- Partner with Coordinators and Recruiters to manage an efficient model of operation
- Monitor team metrics to identify areas for improvement
- Contact and engage passive candidates
- Qualifying candidates for technical and cultural fit
- Review inbound candidate pipeline with an eye for quality applicants
- Be a vital partner in maintaining the data integrity of our Applicant Tracking System (Greenhouse) by capturing and recording complete candidate information
- Build and share knowledge of skills, target companies, conferences, and open source communities with recruiters and hiring managers
- Innovate and drive diversity sourcing strategies using various tools to help influence clients
- Represent PL, our values and culture, through the interactions you have with candidates
- 2+ years of technical sourcing experience within an internal recruiting team or search firm
- Prior experience defining and executing on sourcing strategies
- Track record for successfully identifying and engaging exceptional tech talent
- Experience in sourcing for candidates through multiple channels (LinkedIn, web, social/professional networks, etc.)
- Experience screening resumes to match qualifications
- Scrappiness and tolerance for ambiguity
- Data driven and ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Ability to work independently in a distributed environment
- Embraces open-source philosophy
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.