Social Media Manager - Network Goods
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅5 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
The Research Social Media Manager supports the Research Marketing Lead to maximize the potential network of researchers, founders, and individuals interested in pursuing research questions that are important to the Protocol Labs Network. This requires management of existing research-specific social media channels (Twitter, Discord) and developing new social media channels. The Research Social Media Manager will take complex topics (PL research papers, presentations, RFPs, etc.) and communicate them across different channels to boost community interest in the Protocol Labs Network’s research interests.
We pursue diverse projects covering different timescales in multiple fields related to computation, communication, and knowledge. We work on pure applied research and use-inspired basic research, with an interest in expanding to pure basic research in the future
Research at Protocol Labs
We’re not an ordinary Research Lab. We’re working hard to build the core protocols of the decentralized web pursuant to our vision for the future of the Internet. As part of our research team, you’ll be enabling outcomes at the forefront of our mission. Our research team is granted both the freedom to develop knowledge by working on novel applications and a responsibility to contribute those skills toward advancing the flagship projects of Protocol Labs and the research endeavors of leading institutions in the field. Our efforts range from supporting pure basic research to building agile, modular “research-development” labs dedicated to turning cutting-edge research into workable technologies. You’ll feel at home working with us if your knowledge and optimism enable you to craft creative solutions working around evolving needs.
As a Social Media Manager at Protocol Labs — Network Goods, you will
- Manage day-to-day posting on Protocol Labs’ Research social media properties.
- Create and execute Social Media & Influencer campaigns - Blockchain & Crypto influencer marketing, utilizing relevant channels like Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, and Clubhouse to reach audiences.
- Develop new forms of social media engagement highlighting Protocol Labs’ research endeavors.
- Work alongside Protocol Labs researchers, collaborators, event, design, and media teams to help engage and serve the greater research community.
- Create KPIs and monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- BA/BSc degree (or equivalent experience) and a deep interest in scientific research
- 3+ years of Social Media Management experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High attention to detail
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to manage a large number of tasks per day
- Self-starter; outcome-oriented
Highly-valued bonus points
- 2+ years of experience in science communication, web3, cryptocurrency, or blockchain-related companies
- Academic/industry research experience in STEM or STEM-related fields OR experience working directly with researchers
- Proven record of taking highly complicated/technical concepts and communicating them in easy-to-understand language
- Strong connections to leaders in the decentralized systems, networking, and/or cryptography communities
- Experience developing professional social media accounts/handles from scratch
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.