JS IPFS and libp2p Systems Engineer
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅3 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
We seek talented engineers that have a fiery passion to build foundational infrastructure and want the Web Platform to become the DWeb Platform.
We believe in an Open Source and Open Collaboration approach to creation. We keep our egos checked at the door and work as a team to tackle the many hard engineering challenges required to Upgrade the Web.
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues for a complete P2P Stack and Distributed File-System
- Work with a fast growing community of open source contributors that are excited and want to help the IPFS and libp2p projects
- Participate in the design of the protocols used in IPFS, give recommendations and lead the implementation of new innovations throughout the stack
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors
- Contribute on Open Source code repositories
You can learn more at https://github.com/ipfs/ipfs" target="_blank">https://github.com/ipfs/ipfs> , https://github.com/ipfs/in-web-browsers" target="_blank">https://github.com/ipfs/in-web-browsers> , and https://github.com/libp2p/libp2p" target="_blank">https://github.com/libp2p/libp2p> . You can also find us on https://discord.gg/ipfs" target="_blank">IPFS Discord in #ipfs-dev and #libp2p-dev.
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- Experience building applications in the browser, on the server in Node.js, and/or in Electron.
- Experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Services like Github and/or Gitlab are no stranger to you.
- Creativity that you bring to solve unique technical problems.
- Flexibility that allows you to adapt to quickly evolving requirements.
- Self-starter and ability to work asynchronously with a distributed team
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment and manage your workload efficiently
- A good understanding of distributed systems principles
- Excellent written and verbal english communication skills
- A good understanding of the Web Application Model
- Familiarity with cryptographic principles and practices
- Deep understanding of network protocols
- Experience leading and guiding Open Source projects
- Experience implementing distributed software systems and applications that overcome the challenges of p2p networking
- Experience building peer-to-peer applications
- Have built systems that serve millions of users everyday
- Maintained high profile Open Source projects
- B.Sc, M.Sc and/or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Have contributed or used IPFS/libp2p before and are already deeply familiar with the stack
- Proficiency at tuning network applications for high and low bandwidth settings
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.