Product Manager, PLN Services
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅2 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Together, we’ve successfully launched multiple web3 projects that deliver against that mission and vision, and we have ambitious goals to continue to transform and improve computing and the decentralized web.
Today, the Protocol Labs Network comprises hundreds of teams building the decentralized web. Many of these teams face similar challenges in scaling, so we’ve set up Protocol Labs Network Services to support them. Network Services facilitates connections between teams, allowing them to access product feedback, developer support, web3 guides, and more. This shortens iteration cycles and accelerates their growth.
As product manager for PLN tooling, you’ll own and lead the development of crypto-native systems and tooling that facilitate collaboration within the PLN, including a network directory, Discord, forum, and more. In this role, you’ll synthesize and prioritize the needs of founders in the network, create actionable product roadmaps, design and build technical systems with engineering teams, and set longer-term product strategies. Your work will be instrumental to the success and growth of teams on the network.
As a Product Manager for PL Network Services, you will…
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs, and translate these needs into actionable product requirements for engineering teams.
- Be the voice of our current and future users in technical discussions, understanding the implications of various technical tradeoffs, and ultimately helping to make decisions that will deliver a stellar user experience and achieve our long-term product goals.
- Scope and prioritize web3 native features and infrastructure.
- Source and partner with a development team to design systems that facilitate collaboration across the network.
- Drive usage of PLN systems and tooling by creating and implementing a launch plan to drive useful adoption.
- Gather and analyze user feedback, share learnings and incorporate them into the product roadmap.
You may be a fit for this role if you...
- Have experience managing technical software products from conception to launch, especially for those using nascent technology.
- Have built complex systems and/or technical products at scale, either as an engineer or a product manager.
- Have computer science or software engineering experience that you have drawn upon in future leadership roles, especially as a technical lead, product owner, technical product manager, or founder.
- Have experience successfully building developer products, often being the voice of the user through interviews, user stories, technical requirements, and user testing.
- Enjoy collaborating closely with engineers, as well as broader cross-functional teams.
- Are hyper detail-oriented, extremely organized, and pride yourself on your ability to structure large, ambiguous systems into actionable, tractable pieces.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems.
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments, do whatever it takes to make your team successful, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Have product management experience within crypto projects, networks, or low-level systems
- Have experience as a startup founder for software or technical companies
- Made contributions to open-source software projects
- Are self-taught in some field, and consider yourself a voracious learner
- Have a mix of technical and business background / education (e.g., CS undergrad and MBA, engineering and product management experience, etc.)
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.