Product Manager, NFT.Storage + Web3.Storage
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅a day ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
We are looking for a Product Manager to help own and improve NFT.Storage and Web3.Storage, two storage products that are bringing web3 to the web. These products are built on top of IPFS and store data long-term in Filecoin. They are built to meet web developers where they are today, providing best-in-class ease-of-use and performance, but remain trustless by addressing and storing data in a cryptographically provable way (e.g., using https://docs.ipfs.io/concepts/content-addressing/"> style="font-weight: 400;">content IDs to reference data, storing with Filecoin storage providers who generate https://filecoin.io/blog/posts/what-sets-us-apart-filecoin-s-proof-system/"> style="font-weight: 400;">publicly verifiable proofs).
The Product Manager will identify opportunities to improve these products by speaking to current and potential users and analyzing the market, and help prioritize these efforts while balancing dependencies and opportunity cost. They will be responsible for scoping the requirements of projects, and be deeply involved in the delivery to ensure the final solution solves the right needs and problems. Relevant projects can involve anything that touches the user experience - the various interfaces (including client libraries, APIs, website), documentation, external resources (communities, tutorials), and the underlying tech stack and infrastructure.
Our team is growing quickly, and the Product Manager will have the opportunity to shape the direction of our products and how we do work moving forward. They also should thrive in situations where there is tons of ambiguity alongside opportunity, and be able to work with talented, like-minded teammates in a distributed setting to drive things forward.
As a Product Manager for the Filecoin Developer Platform, you will…
- Own the experience for NFT.Storage and Web3.Storage for developers and end-users in their mission to bring web3 to the web
- Identify gaps that are needed to meet the needs of our users, and co-create creative solutions to meet these needs
- Talk to current and potential users to understand their needs, and help in BD efforts to secure high-leverage users
- Prioritize good ideas against each other, keeping in mind opportunity size, dependency chains, and opportunity cost
- Manage the team responsible for creating this world-class developer experience
- Facilitate team coordination and execution as the custodian of the plan, including helping design and drive forward major product components
- Ensure that every developer has an exceptional experience understanding and utilizing our products and why they’re so powerful
- Work cross-functionally with customers, product stakeholders, ecosystem, engineering, documentation, and product marketing teams
- Ensure that the open-source community and developer ecosystem thrive
- Develop product roadmaps to unlock new markets over time
You may be a fit for this role if you…
- Have built APIs, products, and complex systems at scale
- Have experience synthesizing and creating best-in-class developer and end-user experiences for complex technical platforms
- Have experience managing technical software products from conception to launch
- Have experience as a startup founder, especially for software or technical companies
- Are immensely passionate about and are a strong advocate for an excellent developer experience
- Are hyper detail-oriented, extremely organized, and pride yourself on your ability to structure large, ambiguous systems into sensible, tractable ones
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- Enjoy working closely with engineering teams
- Will do whatever it takes to make your team successful, and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Have a computer science, math, or science degree, or software engineering experience
- Product management with crypto projects or networks
- Experience working with and/or contributions to open-source software projects
- Are self-taught in some field, and consider yourself a voracious learner
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.