Data Scientist, CryptoEconLab
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅3 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
As a CryptoEconLab Data Scientist at Protocol Labs, you will...
- Study and analyze real-life deployment of the IPLD, libp2p, IPFS, and Filecoin protocols and propose improvements to them.
- Collect, process, and analyze data to derive insights and make recommendations to business strategies and protocol governance.
- Design and develop predictive models and algorithms for ecosystem growth and governance.
- Analyze and validate designs of new cryptoeconomic systems.
- Work with stakeholders in the ecosystem to drive growth and enable new opportunities.
- Work in a fully asynchronous and remote team.
You may be a fit for this role if you have....
- BS/MS in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Network Science or a related field, or extensive practical experience.
- Strong experience and familiarity with a variety of data mining/data analysis tools, techniques, and concepts.
- Experienced with implementing models, simulations, and data visualization and using distributed data/computing tools.
- Track record of driving business results with data-driven insights.
- Passionate about deriving insights from large datasets and work with different teams to improve outcomes and processes.
- Comfortable with publishing analysis and inspiring others to participate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and chart new territories.
Highly-Valued Bonus Points
- PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Network Science or a related field.
- Prior experience with robotics, network analytics or financial mathematics.
- Familiarity with Web3 ecosystem and blockchain technologies.
- Prior entrepreneurial experience.
- Knowledge of security and cryptography.
- Proven experience in developing robust, reusable, and maintainable code.
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.