Ecosystem Collabs - Startup Operator
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅14 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
We are looking for a Startup Operator to dramatically grow the Filecoin and IPFS Ecosystem of applications, clients, miners, developers, token holders and partners.
You’ll be tasked with helping our disruptive open source projects solve some of their most critical problems. You will work with Project Leads, Product Managers, Engineers, and more to break down complex situations and co-create actionable solutions both within and across Protocol Labs's projects.
You can think of this role as similar to the Founder of a start-up, helping grow the adoption of our Web3 Ecosystem, while problem solving complex issues related to their adoption. This will involve leveraging Web3 incentives and principles, forming collaborations with critical ecosystem partners, and engaging lots of outside groups to help accelerate growth among those stakeholders.
As Startup Operator at Protocol Labs you will...
- Create programs to dramatically grow the number of applications, clients, miners, developers, token holders and partners in the Filecoin ecosystem
- Attract high powered teams to build on our stack, including those building in Web3 as well as more traditional tech companies building in Web2 Explore new business models through incentive design and engineering and drive awareness beyond our core communities.
- Evaluate ROI of various grants and investments to incent outside partie
- Help manage Filecoin’s internal and external communications
- Be the first actor when it comes to identifying the need for, spinning up, staffing, and executing on new initiatives – adaptability and flexibility is a must.
- External orientation, ability to rally outside stakeholders to join the growth of Filecoin & IPFS
- Exceptional project management skills to execute effectively and efficiently
- A generalist “founder” skillset is a must, to be able to tackle new and interesting challenges within the ecosystem team as they arise. The role will evolve over time.
- Experience with open source communities / projects
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Background in software engineering
- Web3 experience
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.