People Operations Manager, Network Goods
- 🏛️Protocol Labs
- 📅8 days ago
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity's most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (crypto, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
About People Ops at PL:
People Ops enables Protocol Labs’ success by designing and leading innovative people programs that help Labbers to do their best work, and supports all initiatives involving engaging, retaining, and developing Labbers.
The People Ops Manager role will partner closely with Protocol Labs Leadership and interface directly with Labbers. In this role, you will have the opportunity to apply your strategic mindset while executing on highly impactful initiatives. This person will play a critical role as the single provider of People Operations support while they identify the organization's needs and build out the People Ops team.
- Develop, implement and maintain People Ops programs enabling and supporting Labbers, to include: People Business Partnership, Onboarding, Performance, Career laddering, People data + analytics, DE&I, Engagement, Learning + development
- Demonstrate expertise in employment issues to drive high integrity employee relations, DE&I, performance management, and conflict resolution strategies
- Serve as a strategic business partner in driving the business as it relates to our people, culture and organizational effectiveness
- Make data driven business/people recommendations and decisions by interpreting and synthesizing data
- Assess organizational health using data and employee sentiment and develop engagement action plans to address areas of opportunity
- Provide coaching and mentorship to senior leaders, their teams and team members to enable organizational and individual development
- Partner with Leadership to develop and drive HR strategy, tackling projects and programs at all levels - strategic, operational, and tactical
- Deliver results in a fast-paced environment with a high volume workload
- Develop and achieve KPIs related to the People Programs within the organization
You may be a fit for this role if you have
- 4+ years of experience in supporting end to end People Ops/HR/HR business partnership, preferably in the tech industry and at a startup
- Demonstrated ability to work within and be successful in a high-growth environment, adapting and adjusting quickly to changing priorities
- Proven analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable next steps, projects and processes
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Ability to thrive in a remote and collaborative team environment, and to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and influence outcomes
- Understanding and experience in delivering thoughtful and concise async communications to an international audience
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
- When pointed at a problem, you take ownership of it from start to finish without missing requirements
If you’re passionate about the future of computing and a more democratized internet, we want to talk to you.
GDPR for Job Applicants and Candidates
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Protocol Labs, Inc. (“Protocol Labs”), which is located at 427 N Tatnall St #51207, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 and can be contacted by emailing legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Protocol Labs’ data protection team can be contacted via legalrequests[at]protocol.ai. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Protocol Labs’ recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Protocol Labs, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Protocol Labs to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Protocol Labs’ behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained by Protocol Labs as long as Protocol Labs determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment or to assist in the hiring process. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.