- 📅6 days ago
Founded in 2015, OpenZeppelin is the premier crypto cybersecurity technology and services company, trusted by the most used DeFi and NFT projects in the world.
Our mission is to protect the open economy, safeguarding tens of billions of dollars in funds for leading crypto organizations including Aave, Coinbase, Compound, Ethereum Foundation, TheGraph and many others.
The OpenZeppelin team, spread across 30+ countries in the world, is responsible for creating the most popular Open Source Library for Smart Contract development in the world with over 15 million downloads! The expertise we've built along the years allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for some of the most well known players in the market.
With the success of our products, our security audit work, and the open source educational efforts, we are setting the industry standards for secure systems of a hyper-fast-growing industry and we're looking for more folks to help us on our mission.
What you'll be doing
We are seeking a highly skilled and self-driven Data Engineer to join a new data and ML team within OpenZeppelin. This is an exciting new role that will help build the foundation for all data-enabled projects in the future.
You will own and set up new database systems and ETL processes for blockchain security audit data. On a typical day at work, you will work closely with our ML lead, security researchers, and tooling team to ensure that the data is accurately and efficiently ingested, stored, and transformed for machine learning, analysis, and reporting purposes.
As the first data engineer, you will also help establish best practices and processes for data management and ML workflows.
- Design and implement scalable and efficient data pipelines for the ingestion, storage, and transformation of blockchain security audit data
- Work with security researchers and developers to develop solutions for their needs
- Find and consolidate useful data from both internal and external sources
- Collaborate with the engineering team to integrate data pipelines with existing systems
- Establish best practices and processes for data management and ML workflows
- Mentor and educate other OpenZeppellin colleagues on best data practices
- 3+ years of industry experience as a Data Engineer
- Experience scraping and extracting data from many different sources and formats
- Experience with cloud-based data storage and processing solutions
- Experience designing and deploying systems with reliable monitoring practices
- Working knowledge of relational databases and query language like SQL
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills in a collaborative and remote team environment.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with blockchain technology and security audit data
- Experience building ML models or ML data pipelines
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Team events: onboarding tour & company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!