Security Research Fellowship
- 📅6 days ago
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
Smart Contract Security Fellowship Program
At OpenZeppelin we are launching a limited fellowship program, where you will work closely with our team of world-class blockchain security experts to develop the knowledge and skills to kickstart your career in the industry. This is a 8 week paid program. If you successfully pass the program, you will be hired as a full time https://openzeppelin.com/jobs/opening/?gh_jid=4254142003" target="_blank">Blockchain Security Engineer.
We expect this will require a full-time commitment.
- A range of directed and autonomous study across numerous topics focusing on smart contract security.
- An independent research project on an area of mutual interest.
- Hands-on auditing of code using our methodologies and techniques.
- Verbal and written reporting on identified vulnerabilities.
- Asking questions
- 7+ years of professional experience in one or more of these following areas: software development, cyber security, applied mathematics or economics.
- 2+ years of experience in development (self-taught or industry experience).
- Passion for the blockchain space and decentralization.
- Knowledge in the Solidity programming language.
- Basic understanding of Ethereum or other EVM based blockchains.
- Passion and interest at analyzing complex problems.
- Above average attention to detail.
- An advanced English level and great communication skills (oral and written).
- Prior experience in working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Nice to have
- Understanding of blockchain technology and cryptography
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.