Senior DevSecOps Engineer
- 📅10 days ago
About the position
Flashbots is looking for a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to ensure Flashbots infrastructure is scalable, secure, and reliable. As a Senior DevSecOps Engineer, you will support deployment and troubleshooting during critical ecosystem events, as we open-sourcing our software, or release critical products like Suave. You will also be responsible for maintaining and improving our infrastructure systems and CI/CD processes, as well as managing task prioritization and execution.
- You’ll work with development teams in monitoring, extending, and hardening production/development infrastructure with scalability in mind.
- Maintain and improve infrastructure systems and CI/CD processes
- Support Flashbots data initiatives like Mev-Explore
- Monitor and analyze system performance and implement improvements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful project delivery
- 6+ years of experience as a problem solver within DevOps/SRE environments
- Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Strong understanding of security principles and best practices
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tools such as Jenkins, TravisCI, or CircleCI
- Familiarity with Git and Git-based workflows
- Ability to work in a fast-paced remote environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
NOTE: Due to working with confidential data, you may be subject to trading restriction policies.
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum's Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.