- 📅11 days ago
About the Role
As our legal expert, you’ll work on varied and highly dynamic objectives within Flashbots ranging from handling legal operations, managing outside counsel and crafting corporate documentation from scratch, researching regulations, and managing internal compliance procedures.
You will have high a level of responsibility and autonomy.
- Manage day-to-day legal operations within the company (contractual agreements, structuring, HR, compliance etc.)
- Manage the full cycle of corporate documentation, from planning and drafting to implementation
- Contribute to building a streamlined legal operation process that can grow with the startup. Work closely to improve the efficiency of legal operations.
- Assist in managing external/outside counsel as required, e.g. employment law, counsel in relation to other jurisdictions, etc.
- Select, engage and manage outside counsels across relevant jurisdictions with cost-effectiveness
- Research laws and regulations in the US as well as relevant foreign jurisdictions to aid strategic decisions on business opportunities
- Drive legal support for product development and service operations
- Assist in navigating the global regulatory landscape for the organization
- 2+ years of work experience in major law firm, ideally servicing technology companies or financial institutions
- In-house counsel specializing in financial services, fintech and/or ideally crypto is a plus
- Law degree, educational background in computer science/infosec is a bonus
- Ability to think critically through complex concepts and tackle them in an organized and efficient manner while communicating with other members
- Ability to engage constructively with internal and external stakeholders, including regulators
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Enjoys working independently and proactively in a remote-only work environment
- Excels in delivering results under time constraints and consistently iterates
- Proactive and collaborative attitude and ability to work cross-functionally within the organization
- Familiarity with blockchain, Ethereum and DeFi
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum's Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.