Senior Backend Engineer
- 📅10 days ago
About the role
We’re looking for experienced Backend engineers to:
- Be a sparring partner in developing complex blockchain technology similar to the technology mentioned on our writings page.
- Support engineering efforts across the product and research organization
- Be a part of open-sourcing our software
- Contribute to Suave’s future success
- Mentor less senior engineers
Bringing life to our core products (as well as the efforts of our research org) means you’ll need to be a capable self-starter who enjoys learning new things in motion and approaches hard problems with a builder mentality.
- Contributing to the development of Flashbots products, such as MEV-Boost, Suave & others
- Writing and orchestrating technical documentation/diagrams for public consumption
- Build and maintain public API services as well as developer-friendly tools for Flashbots ecosystem (searchers, integration partners, and end-users)
- Advance the user experience by building and scaling relevant tools
- Collaborating with research org/team on technical challenges
- implementing well-thought-out unit or integration tests
- Engaging with the community on technical issues
- Experience working on production systems with Go, Rust or TypeScript
- Comfortable with async contributing, both collaboratively and self-sufficiently
- Flexible, accountable, and focused on high-impact solutions
- T-Shaped capabilities
- Experienced Golang background working on production systems
- Experience with Ethereum, Geth or other Ethereum clients
- Worked with Solidity or other smart contract languages
- Contributed to open-source work/projects
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum's Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working - travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel - team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.