Senior Backend Engineer
- 🏛️FastLane Labs
- 💰$100,000 - $200,000/year
- 📅2 months ago
As a Senior Backend Engineer at FastLane Labs, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and operating our globally distributed RPC, bundle distribution network and auction systems. We have ultra-low latency requirements, experience and knowledge with all aspects of distributed systems engineering from networking right through to data consistency and site reliability techniques will be necessary. This is a hands-on role that requires strong experience in GoLang and a passion for building reliable and performant distributed systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the cutting edge of blockchain technology and to be a part of a dynamic and rapidly growing startup. If you're passionate about blockchain and have a proven track record in complex distributed systems development, we'd love to hear from you! Key responsibilities
- Design and implement low-latency distributed systems
- Monitor the health of our 24/7 production system and work with our team to keep it online
- Maintain and extend our fork of Bor (the Polygon blockchain node based on Geth)
- Build our data processing backend using the best tools from the GCP data ecosystem
- Help provide amazing support to our community of searchers and validators
- Collaborate with the rest of the development team to deliver new features and improvements
To be considered for the role of Senior Backend Engineer at FastLane Labs, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Extensive experience with systems level programming in GoLang
- Deep understanding of how to optimize latency in globally distributed systems
- An understanding of networking concepts such as anycast, geodns, load balancing, etc
- Experience working with systems deployed in a Linux and Docker based environment
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and DeFi concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with a small team in dynamic environment
- Experience with trading bot development highly advantageous
- Experience with baremetal systems and/or blockchain nodes advantageous
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field beneficial but is not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you have experience in a similar role, and have a passion for blockchain technology and DeFi, we would love to hear from you.
At FastLane Labs, we believe in taking care of our team members and we offer a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees in their personal and professional lives. In addition to a competitive salary, our benefits include:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off: We believe in making sure everyone gets the rest and recovery they need to perform at their best, so we provide our employees with unlimited paid time off to help them recharge.
- Remote first: We are a globally distributed team and embrace a remote-first approach to everything that we do.
- Regular off-sites: A couple of times a year we bring the team together in one location to have an opportunity to work and socialize with colleagues in person.
- ESOP: At such an early stage in our business, every member of the team is critical to our success, and we believe that everyone should be rewarded when we make it. That’s why we include an employee share options package (ESOP) for all our early hires.
And for our US team we offer comprehensive health insurance policies to meet the healthcare needs of our team there.
How to apply
If you're excited about the opportunity to join our team, we'd love to hear from you! To apply, please follow these steps:
- Submit your resume, cover letter and any relevant work samples using the link below.
- In your cover letter/email, please mention the code word "MEV" to show that you have read the instructions carefully.
We look forward to hearing from you!