Research Engineer - Prover
- 🌐UNITED STATES - Remote
- 📅10 days ago
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a highly experienced Research Engineer to join our team and work on cutting-edge projects related to zkEVM Prover. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in computer science and experience in research and development, as well as a passion for exploring new technologies and finding innovative solutions.
- Conduct research and development on zkEVM Prover and related technologies
- Develop new techniques and algorithms to improve zkEVM Prover performance and functionality
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to share knowledge and advance the state of the art
- Write technical papers and present research findings at conferences and workshops
- Stay current with new technologies and industry trends related to zkEVM Prover
- Strong background in computer science, with a focus on distributed systems and cryptography
- Experience with zkEVM Prover and related technologies
- Experience with research and development, including writing technical papers and presenting at conferences
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with other languages and technologies such as GoLang, Java or Rust is a plus
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$99,000 - $205,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).