Director of Community
- 🌐UNITED STATES - Remote
- 📅14 days ago
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Creatives at ConsenSys make work that moves the crypto industry forward, spreading our leading-edge products far and wide into the world and pushing for the adoption of Web3 technology. We’re an ambitious team, using our unique point of view to create work that infiltrates crypto culture, influences mindsets, and prizes ourselves on being defiantly optimistic.
What you’ll do
- Define a comprehensive developer community brand and programs, including naming, tiers, member benefits, budget requirements, marketing program strategy, content and resources strategy,
- Drive comprehensive developer community strategy to provide value to all stakeholders
- Define a comprehensive online community strategy
- Align online community engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the growth and nurturing of our community through several initiatives including Ambassador programs
- Design and execute data-driven action plans for developing and growing new Community building programs
- Evaluate existing programs
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- An ideal candidate has a wide range of skills and is able to speak the language of software developers, marketers, and product managers, has previous experience with managing developer communities.
- This is a cross-cutting role that interfaces with our developer relations, product, and marketing teams. As such, our ideal candidate has a wide range of skills and is able to speak the language of software developers, marketers, and product managers. 5+ years of working experience in developer communities.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage and execute multiple projects with different priorities and stakeholders
- Clear, thoughtful communicator (verbal and written) with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $134,000-230,000.