Accounting Director, Revenue & Digital Assets
- 🌐UNITED STATES - Remote
- 📅13 days ago
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
In this high-profile role as Accounting Director, Revenue & Digital Assets you will help lead our accounting team into the next phase of our continued growth while working closely with the Accounting & Finance leadership teams. You will be collaborating with the accounting team to oversee our Revenue and Digital Assets portfolio, as well as provide continuous advisory on IPO and M&A readiness and addressing the need for continuous improvement and optimization of the relative accounting functions.
- Oversee and manage revenue and digital asset accounting, including monthly close, including detailed analysis and reconciliation of all related general ledger accounts (largely crypto-related)
- Lead and guide accounting team, while building strong relationships with process and functional leaders across the organization
- Mentor, coach, and hold team members accountable through orientation, training, establishment of objectives, communication and build morale and motivation
- Optimize documented system of accounting policies and procedures. Implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk
- Provide training and performance reviews to direct reports in accordance with company policies
- Provide financial analysis that turns data into insight. Prepare and oversee management reporting as required
- Work closely with external auditors to address accounting for significant transactions and assess and resolve potentially complex accounting matters
- Partner cross-functionally with Tax, Legal, and FP&A to execute strategic initiatives
- Research accounting treatment for digital asset transactions
- Analyze and document accounting treatment for business activity and ad hoc transactions
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, resolved, and documented in high quality technical accounting memos
- Review contracts, evaluate and communicate accounting consequences of potential transactions
- Keep current on proposed accounting reporting matters to proactively update management and finance teams
- Understand and execute to meet external reporting requirements adhering to regulatory and statutory rules
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of revenue cycle and regulatory requirements associated with various payers
- Assist with the development of budgets and monitoring of operations to achieve goals within budget
- Develop, design, and monitor key performance indicators including payer mix, accounts receivable aging, collection rates, adjustments, bad debt write off, estimated collections, appeal success rates, and other requested parameters
- Develop and implement strategic guidelines, procedures, and processes to support structural growth
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 8+ years of experience in public accounting or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in corporate accounting, preferably in digital asset management or Fintech
- 5+ years of experience directly building and managing teams
- Up-to-date technical knowledge of US GAAP accounting standards
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience working with remote teams in a multicurrency, multinational environment
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 12+ years of experience in public accounting and/or corporate accounting
- Prior experience in financial reporting and SEC requirements
- Prior experience with SOX and internal controls
- Background working in a multi-segment and revenue stream company environment
- Strong financial systems background with NetSuite experienced strongly preferred
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD150,000 - $USD200,000.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/.