Lead QA Engineer (Consensys NFT Business)
- 🌐United States- Remote
- 📅3 days ago
Full Time, Remote
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Consensys NFT Business
ConsenSys’ NFT Business Unit is in search of people passionate about the fusion of NFTs, utility, narrative and creativity. We are passionate about unlocking new possibilities with NFTs, pushing the boundaries of creativity with fan, brand and user engagement, exploring these new possibilities deeply through narrative and visuals, and making them a reality.
ConsenSys partners with some of the largest firms in the world, including dozens of Fortune 100 clients, governments and the largest global banks. We are backed by JP Morgan, Mastercard and UBS.
Our Web 3.0 products and technology are the most used in the industry, with tens of millions of existing users globally - supported by our global customer support organisation. We have been operating large scale, public blockchain infrastructure for more than five years, which is used across our industry and the largest NFT and crypto players in the world, including Coinbase, Palm, Sorare, Decentraland, Guild of Guardians, and dozens of others.
Our Eulerbeats NFT platform has been called “the most genius idea ever” by Mark Cuban, and it has distributed more than $5m to its user base through NFT royalties.
ConsenSys is not just NFT players, but we have expertise up and down the entire technology stack all the way down to Layer 1 Ethereum.
We are looking for a diverse group of creators and technologists who are interested in day to day exciting challenges, who are resilient, and who thrive in the exciting and fast-moving NFT industry.
About the Role:
Are you a quality engineer who wants to build on web 3.0? Come drive continuous testing strategies, test plans and validate system integrations and help us grow to millions of web3.0 users.
The QA Lead will work closely with engineer, Product and Scrum Masters to develop the testing strategy, test plan for projects by applying proven analytic and problem-solving skills to validate our systems integrations and applications fulfill business/ functional and non-functional requirements.
The person on this role will lead Quality Engineering delivery and processes for critical software testing projects. This includes System Integration Testing (SIT) & User Acceptance Testing (UAT) planning activities, analysis of product and technical requirements, development of strategies, scheduling tests, executing, and overseeing Functional and Non-Functional Activities (including QA Automation and Performance testing activities), entering and assigning bugs, as well as documenting and reporting on testing outcomes. The job requires on providing input into the overall Software Development Lifecycle to ensure SIT, UAT and Non-Functional testing activities are appropriately reflected throughout the lifecycle. They work with the Product and Technical teams to test, build, assess, and troubleshoot business process & cover off all testing and quality control needs.
You use your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams in multiple global locations.
- Lead quality engineering efforts from planning, execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- The Lead QA Engineer is a key contributor in ensuring we are able to deliver quality products to our end users. Acting as the gatekeeper between our development and user environments, they work meticulously to test and retest products, seeking out defects and driving their resolution with software engineers.
- Develop scalable and reliable automated tests for software and feature quality at both system and user level.
- Design, create, modify and execute test strategies/plans and drive to improve software testing processes and methodologies.
- Optimize and maintain team oriented tools or tests to increase productivity.
- Developing upon the vision of QA practices for the project or product and implementing that vision
- Act as a subject matter expert in ensuring that product requirements have been implemented
- Responsible for coordinating SIT & UAT planning, test case specification, test execution, defect management and test status reporting activities with support from Business team
- Extensive experience leading, coordinating, and building software
- QA Automation Engineer with experience in: Testing strategies and frameworks & Test script development
- Experience with: functional and black-box testing, regression testing, system integration testing, load testing, manual testing.
- Proactive attitude, being able to lead the work to be done with little or no supervision. Ability to lead testing activities and engagement with cross-functional teams to shape design and project direction.
- Comfortable with QA ownership and decision-making
- Experience in technical leadership or people management.
- Experience in building test automation solutions, automated internal frameworks, monitor systems, or improving testing effectiveness.
- Excellent communication (synchronous and asynchronous) and social skills
- Familiarity with and interest in blockchain products (especially NFTs), and an eagerness to learn more.
- Working hours are 9am-5pm Pacific time or Eastern time or Western Europe time, with core hours being 9am - 1pm Pacific time. You should be online and able to have synchronous meetings during that time.
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be foundhttps://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/"> style="font-weight: 400;"> here. #Li