Director of Engineering (ConsenSys NFT Business)
- 📅3 days ago
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on. Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better.
We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
About Consensys NFT Business
ConsenSys’ NFT Business Unit is in search of people passionate about the fusion of NFTs, utility, narrative and creativity. We are passionate about unlocking new possibilities with NFTs, pushing the boundaries of creativity with fan, brand and user engagement, exploring these new possibilities deeply through narrative and visuals, and making them a reality.
ConsenSys partners with some of the largest firms in the world, including dozens of Fortune 100 clients, governments and the largest global banks. We are backed by JP Morgan, Mastercard and UBS.
Our Web 3.0 products and technology are the most used in the industry, with tens of millions of existing users globally - supported by our global customer support organisation. We have been operating large scale, public blockchain infrastructure for more than five years, which is used across our industry and the largest NFT and crypto players in the world, including Coinbase, Palm, Sorare, Decentraland, Guild of Guardians, and dozens of others.
Our Eulerbeats NFT platform has been called “the most genius idea ever” by Mark Cuban, and it has distributed more than $5m to its user base through NFT royalties.
ConsenSys is not just NFT players, but we have expertise up and down the entire technology stack all the way down to Layer 1 Ethereum.
We are looking for a diverse group of creators and technologists who are interested in day to day exciting challenges, who are resilient, and who thrive in the exciting and fast-moving NFT industry.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a director of engineering to lead our engineering teams and help us build great products. You’ll also manage our infrastructure and ensure all internal systems operate securely and effectively.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing our teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of our integrations with external partners and oversee all software development plans from ideation to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow.
- Oversee front-end and back-end development teams and their projects
- Manage engineering projects end-to-end
- Coordinate internal engineering teams, including security, QA, devops, FE/BE and Blockchain engineers.
- Implement new systems
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems and make improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Prepare and manage the engineering department’s budget
- Design strategies for future development projects based on the company’s overall objectives and resources
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Implement innovative technologies
- Coordinate with external stakeholders for new integrations and tools
- Review and update policies relevant to internal systems and equipment
Would be great if you brought this to the role:
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience in back-end and front-end development
- Extensive understanding and experience with agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Sci
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/"> style="font-weight: 400;">here. #Li