Product Manager (Truffle)
- 🌐UNITED STATES - Remote
- 📅3 days ago
Remote, Preferable US, Canada, UK, Australia; Truffle Team; Full Time
At Consensys Software, our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies
We make open-source tools for building blockchain applications. Our tools let users simulate blockchain virtual machines, debug smart contracts step-by-step, manage suites of automated tests, deploy applications to live networks, interface with smart contracts at a high level of abstraction, and much more. We believe that software development tools should offer sensible defaults and never lose sight of human intent amidst low-level details.
We believe in cultivating autonomy, mastery, and purpose, both for ourselves and for our community. We recognize that developing great software requires passion for the positive impact of the work and passion to support each other as a team. We recognize each other by our strengths, not our weaknesses, and we maintain space for everyone to say “I don’t know.” We work remotely except for when we meet up with each other (pandemic aside) at conferences or as a group at team retreats. We’re a dedicated team with a playful sense of humor, constantly seeking new ideas.
As our Principal Product Manager for Truffle you will:
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Truffle, Technical Lead, Truffle Team and other various teams across Consensys
- Lead in creating, defining and owning the success of all Truffle’s products (Truffle, Ganache, Drizzle) and new features
- Work alongside your team in making sure we are delivering with the best product management practices, while guiding the team's growth and supporting their needs
- Be a key stakeholder in the future vision of Consensys, by providing advanced understanding of the state of Truffle's products, the people who use them and the technology we serve
- Be a partner across all business units within the Consensys, as the supporter of your team and our products
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- Experience leading collaboratively in Technical Product Management
- Experience answering “What should we work on”; “Why should we work on this”; "Where are our pain points and how can we fix them"
- Bonus points, but not necessary, for experience working on a major cloud service provider and or developer tools as a service provider
To accomplish this, you will:
- Build a deep understanding of our users and existing products.
- Help establish our product vision and strategy, and empower team members to champion that strategy in their work.
- Assist with yearly, quarterly, and sprint prioritization processes.
- Coordinate with engineers, designers, and project managers in order to ship delightful experiences to users.
- Organize a product’s roadmap with an an emphasis on minimum viable product, iterative improvement, and releasing often
- 5+ years of experience in product management for Blockchain, Crypto, Defi, SaaS, FinTech companies, delivering successful products
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Deep understanding of iterative product development methodologies - such as lean startup and agile methodologies
- Ability to get into details to ensure successful execution while understanding the strategic level impact of the work
- Confident communicating about hard technical challenges, and comfortable collaborating on complex technical product decisions with engineers
- Comfortable collaborating on UX challenges with designers
- Deep user empathy and experience, bringing together user research, insights & data
- Strong organization and documentation skills with the ability to write user stories, acceptance criteria, and technical infrastructure requirements
- Experience leading product on open-source projects
- Experience managing mobile or browser extension software product
- You’ve used Truffle or Ganache user!
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/"> style="font-weight: 400;">here: https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud"> style="font-weight: 400;">https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud style="font-weight: 400;">