Quality Assurance Engineer (MetaMask Snaps)
- 🌐GLOBAL - REMOTE
- 📅8 days ago
MetaMask Snaps is the next phase in MetaMask's evolution. Currently available via MetaMask Flask, our developer preview build, it allows MetaMask, our partners, and the entire web3 community to add radical new functionality to MetaMask.
About the Role
We are looking for highly motivated quality assurance engineers to assist us in building these Snaps quickly, while maintaining the high level of quality that our users expect. You should be proficient with test automation as well as manual testing approaches. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of software testing experience
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences.
- Familiarity with agile processes (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
- Perform features analysis to create detailed test plans and test cases
- Perform testing, triage test failures and report bugs
- Write automated end-to-end tests
- Be a voice for quality, stability, and security in our product development and release processes
- Experience establishing and maintaining QA processes and practices
- Pull request review from a QA perspective
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Bring hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping bug free software to their work
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones.
- You’re a MetaMask user!
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- Prior experience with developing tests for APIs or extension or plugin systems.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer on this team, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Develop and automate tests for an evolving MetaMask extension API
- Create test plans and test reports for all Snaps in general as well as specializations for individual Snaps
- Develop tests for a growing set of specific extensions which consume the above API
- Coordinate across teams with separate release cycles to perform acceptance and regression testing.
- Building a deep understanding of our users and existing products.
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of between $100,000 to $210,000
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.