Product Evangelist (MetaMask Snaps Studio)
- 🌐GLOBAL - Remote
- 📅6 days ago
We’re building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, we’re working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
Originally a humble key manager, today MetaMask serves overhttps://consensys.net/blog/press-release/metamask-surpasses-10-million-maus-making-it-the-worlds-leading-non-custodial-crypto-wallet/"> 10 million monthly active users as ahttps://docs.metamask.io/guide/"> decentralized application development platform, anhttps://medium.com/metamask/introducing-metamask-swaps-84318c643785"> aggregator of decentralized cryptocurrency exchanges, and a decentralized identity manager.
About the Role
The next phase of the MetaMask browser extension will https://medium.com/metamask/introducing-the-next-evolution-of-the-web3-wallet-4abdf801a4ee"> style="font-weight: 400;">bring transformative new features to the web3 ecosystem, while strengthening the flagship features that empower our users today. Developing these new features within our secure plugin framework will be a paradigm shift for wallet users and developers alike.
We are looking for a highly motivated product evangelist to serve as a liaison with our developer community and drive awareness of, adoption of, and success with this new plugin architecture. In this role, you will ensure that MetaMask continues to support our mission of democratizing access to the decentralized web.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- 3+ years of experience in developer evangelism, developer relations, or education.
- Demonstrated interest or experience with blockchain related development and web3 technologies through any of: work experience, hackathons, open source work, personal projects, or similar experiences.
- A working knowledge of developer tools. Ability to develop, work with developers, collect feedback as a peer, and communicate it to the product team in order to help guide the product roadmap to best meet developer needs.
- A metrics-driven approach to serving the needs of the developer ecosystem.
- Proactive and self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment
- Are kind, empathetic, and supportive towards the team
- Timezone: Ideally between PT and ET, if in EU/UK you are able to have ~4 hours overlap with continental US time zones.
- You’re a MetaMask user!
- Great understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- Experience with development or managing developer experience in web3
- Experience helping to synthesize and distill developer feedback into recommendations for API evolution.
As a product evangelist on this team, you would contribute in the following areas:
- Be a liaison between marketing, community, developers, and the Snaps product team within MetaMask.
- Come up with a developer outreach strategy in concert with the above groups; be willing to attend virtual and/or in-person conferences, hackathons, etc.
- Wear many hats in the early days as we ramp the team and be open specialization later.
- Building a deep understanding of our developer community and their touchpoints with our products.
- Be the voice of our developers in our treatment of the Snaps API as a critical product in its own right, distilling and summarizing developer input, then working with the team to groom a backlog of API and other changes to meet evolving developer requirements.
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on.
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
Why join ConsenSys? Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/"> style="font-weight: 400;">here.