Director of Product Design
- 🌐New York
- 📅5 days ago
As our Director of Product Design, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring that Blockdaemon delivers innovative, delightful, and consistent experiences to our clients across all digital platforms. Leading a team of designers, you'll be responsible for driving design innovation, simplifying user experiences, and improving the discovery process. You'll be a passionate advocate for design, fostering strong relationships with internal clients in digital, business, and technology, and adopting a systems thinking approach to managing the team. Planning and executing complex projects, as well as, driving change across the organization will be critical to your success.
The role will work closely with a wide range of stakeholders to optimize the management of design, content, and research across our experiences. You'll support cross-functional partners in leading product design, client experience, development at scale, and risk management. This is a high-profile, cross-enterprise role within Blockdaemon, offering a unique opportunity to build scalable practices and shape the future of our business.
- Partner with leaders in Product and Design to establish the vision and direction for established and emerging product lines.
- Formulate and communicate a vision that builds on the Blockdaemon platform, and develop strategies to execute the design and implementation of new features.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Product to develop workflows that drive delightful experiences in efficient and scalable ways.
- Build and lead engaged, high-functioning teams within the Product Design team and with partners in Product, Technology, Marketing/Brand, and other areas of the firm.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the product development lifecycle and agile practices.
- Engage with technology partners to optimize product development processes.
- Establish design strategies to achieve superior business results that align to and support business level OKRs.
- Foster strong relationships with both the UX, Brand, and other partner teams, and champion best-in-class client experience built on a scalable foundation.
- Experience designing, establishing and managing adherence to a design system and design standards.
- In partnership with Product Marketing, develop user personas, journeys, and specifications through close customer discovery.
- Create wireframes, process flows, high-fidelity comps and prototypes to test and deliver your ideas.
- 5-7 years of experience in design and digital product leadership roles with demonstrated increasing scope/impact.
- Experience providing end-to-end design direction and digital product leadership for technology solutions in the financial services industry.
- 3 years of experience in people management with a consistent record of building and inspiring hard-working teams.
- Exceptional communication, relationship management, and influencing skills with experience managing multiple priorities and overseeing distinct teams with varied strengths.
- Proven ability to navigate complex and nuanced interpersonal issues, balance priorities of different stakeholders, and build trust among business partners.
- Passion for initiating, building, and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group.
- Experience driving transformation, change, and process improvement through people, process, and technology, with a broad view of continuous process improvement and operational discipline.
- Leadership skills to articulate a complex task or analysis to individuals at all levels of the company, and to build organizational capacity through proper organizational structure, hiring, training, and recruiting the best talent available.
- A passion for blockchain and web3 space experience is a plus.
- Successful track record in developing a design methodology and championing a culture for design across the business.
- Bachelor's degree required. Post-graduate degree is a plus.
US salary range: $180,000 - $230,000
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Blockdaemon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.