Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
- 📅25 days ago
Blockdaemon is looking for a Chief Compliance Officer to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will develop and oversee a comprehensive compliance program tailored to our unique business as a leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and maintain the program to be compliant with all relevant laws, rules, regulations and guidances. As the CCO, you will collaborate with Senior Management, and work cross-functionally across our business, product and engineering teams to scale our compliance processes, enhance internal controls, and manage the day-to-day compliance functions, including oversight of all policies, procedures, training, testing and regulatory reporting. Banking/FinTech experience is a must, blockchain/crypto experience is a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the BSA / AML Compliance Officer and manage our global comprehensive compliance program
- Lead, develop, manage, and grow our compliance team, including expansion globally
- Oversee and evolve the organization's compliance risk assessment framework; advise the board and exec team on risk-weighted strategies and help to inform the team about the regulatory implications
- Serve as a thought leader on regulatory and policy developments that impact Blockdaemon, and actively engage with key external and internal stakeholders
- Empower a culture of compliance throughout the organization, including organization-wide comprehensive compliance training at both global and local levels
- Continuously refine and strengthen our control and compliance framework as our business grows and evolves
- Manage the application and ongoing maintenance of licenses or registrations across our corporate group
- Partner directly with relevant business, product, and legal teams to drive growth and expansion of the Blockdaemon business
Skills and Required Qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Law, or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in audit, compliance, risk management or business analysis role in FinTech and/or crypto businesses
- Strong knowledge of global regulatory frameworks (e.g. United States, EMEA, APAC). Excellent knowledge of BSA/AML money laundering regulations essential
- Experience in both establishing comprehensive compliance policies and operationalising robust compliance frameworks
- Deep regard and proven track record in handling sensitive information and exercising excellent judgment in handling company matters
- Substantial experience in the design and implementation of a compliance program preferred
- Keen interest in FinTech, Web3 or digital assets.
- Ability to work effectively in a start-up environment, preferably with experience establishing and growing compliance functions at similar stages of a company lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industry compliance tools such as Reactor (Chainalysis), TRM Labs, Elliptic, etc. preferred
- Professional certification (e.g., ACAMS, ICA) preferred
We Know Nodes.
Blockdaemon is the leading blockchain node infrastructure platform. Supporting 30+ protocols, 70 out-of-the-box node types, and monitoring plug-ins for cloud and on-premises services, Blockdaemon is used by exchanges, custodians, enterprises, financial institutions and 10k+ developers to connect commercial stakeholders to blockchains. Blockdaemon's mission is to simplify the process of deploying nodes and creating scalable enterprise blockchain solutions via APIs, BYOI, auto- decentralization and auto-healing of nodes.
We are rapidly growing our fully remote, decentralized team. We are made up of dedicated and passionate individuals who want to make an impact in this dynamic and emerging industry. We offer competitive salaries as well as employer contributions to health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances. At Blockdaemon, we understand that “life happens” and offer a flexible PTO policy and encourage employees to take time off when they need it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.