- 🌐London | New York City
- 📅8 days ago
At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including A16z, Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
We are looking for someone to serve as legal counsel on all areas of our project. You will work closely with our General Counsel to identify and navigate potential legal and regulatory challenges, and develop internal processes across product, business development, finance, human resources, operations, and compliance. You will assist in educating regulators and partner with advocacy groups that can enable Aztec to build the foundation for a new financial system that is open, permissionless, and fair.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Draft and negotiate legal contracts, including code audit review agreements, advisor engagement agreements, and other legal documents
- Assist in developing and maintaining policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and industry best practices
- Conduct legal research and analysis and attend policy meeting updates to stay abreast of regulatory developments and other legal / policy trends
- Assist in drafting regulatory responses to consultations with a view to shaping policy
- Help build and improve internal contract templates and manage the company’s legal documentation database
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners on the legal implications across the company’s strategy, product development, financial matters, commercial partnerships, corporate matters, internal policies, compliance, IP, negotiations and more
- Assist in formalizing a quarterly board process and prepare resolutions / minutes
- Assist in shaping the company’s share option / token pool strategy
- Work closely with the company secretary, operations team and manage relationships with external counsel and policy groups.
- JD, LLB or equivalent and 1+ years of UK or US qualified legal experience in a global law firm or in-house, preferably in crypto, technology, or fintech
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and legal frameworks relevant to web3 including US and global financial market regulations, securities laws, and IP and open-source development law
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote and global team
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team