- 🌐New York City Metro
- 📅18 days ago
At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
We’re looking for a Community Lead with a deep understanding of Ethereum scaling solutions. You must be web3 native, with familiarity across community, governance, and tooling, and passionate about empowering the Aztec community of privacy-first users and developers.
This is a high-impact role, both within Aztec and in the broader Ethereum, crypto, and zero-knowledge communities. You’re not just a Discord degenerate, Twitter tinkerer or Medium monkey, but someone driven by the ideals of decentralization. This role offers significant visibility across the crypto ecosystem.
You will help onboard and manage a team of community advocates and contributors, and you’re committed to shepherding Aztec stakeholders through our progressive decentralization roadmap.
You should love people, writing, and creating connective tissue online. You will be the Aztec subject-matter expert on privacy advocacy, and have broad autonomy to execute your mandate.
This role will work closely with the Head of Developer Relations and Head of Growth with access to–and support from–the COO, CEO and Head of Product.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding and co-creating Aztec’s voice by engaging with users on Twitter, Discord, and at live events
- Fully owning our Discord community
- Becoming an expert on Aztec’s technology and being able to field inbound inquiries, collaborating with the Head of BD to prioritize conversations
- Constructing rewarding, engaging systems for community growth and retention
- Organizing virtual and in-person meetups and hackathons for developers
- Hosting Aztec’s community calls, and representing Aztec on podcasts
- Managing teams of third-party contractors to produce visual and written content
- Seizing the memes of production
- Strong preference for New York City metro area
- Minimum 2 years marketing or web3-specific community management experience
- Experience participating in or contributing to web3 communities
- Proven ability to write in public on Twitter
- Self-starter nature
- High degree of organization
- Cross-platform responsiveness
- Desire for visibility and connectivity within the broader crypto community
- Interest in or passion for privacy, self-sovereignty, and human rights
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team