- 📅14 days ago
At Aztec we believe privacy isn’t just a fundamental right, but a creative force for web3. Our goal is to unleash the full potential of decentralized technologies by building an open, privacy-first network with no compromises.
Privacy enables use cases that otherwise would not be possible and accelerates mainstream adoption. The next wave of web3 applications will require programmable privacy. Aztec’s technology empowers developers with the tools to build private applications and bring their ideas to reality.
Our journey started while building an application to bring syndicated loans on chain. We realized that our idea was a nonstarter without privacy. There were no solutions to offer privacy on public blockchains - so we sought out to build it ourselves. Since then, we've made industry-leading advances in cryptography, and deployed a private money platform and a private DeFi platform.
To realize our vision of implementing privacy on a public blockchain, we are building a world-class team of cryptographers, engineers, and ecosystem builders. Supporting us on this journey are leading investors including Paradigm, Variant, Consensys, and a_capital.
We are looking for someone to serve as a key legal advisor on all areas of our project. You will identify and navigate potential legal and regulatory challenges, and develop internal processes across product, business development, operations, and compliance. You will educate regulators and partner with advocacy groups that can enable Aztec to build the foundation for a new financial system that is open, permissionless, and fair.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing full product life-cycle counseling for products that Aztec launches internally or in partnership with external teams. Ensuring compliance with applicable UK and international laws and regulations.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners on the legal implications across the company’s strategy, product development, commercial partnerships, corporate matters, internal policies, compliance, IP, negotiations and more.
- Monitoring regulatory developments in order to proactively identify and evaluate potential risks. Providing strategic direction and proposals to mitigate risks while achieving business objectives.
- Managing relationships with external counsel and representing the company to other relevant third-parties.
- Building relationships with regulators and aligned advocacy groups to educate and influence policy related to zero knowledge technology and benefits of privacy.
- JD, LLB or equivalent and 5+ years of legal experience in a global law firm or in-house, preferably in crypto, technology, or fintech.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory and legal frameworks relevant to web3 including US and global financial market regulations, securities laws, and IP and open-source development law.
- Proven problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, remote and global team.
- Experience with UK law or working with UK based companies preferred but not required.
What we offer:
- A highly competitive compensation package (including equity)
- Flexible and remote work environment
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays annually
- An opportunity to work at the cutting edge of blockchain and FinTech with a world class cryptography and engineering team