Technical Project Manager - Security Services
- 📅8 days ago
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
What you'll be doing
OpenZeppelin is seeking an experienced, customer-facing Technical Project Manager with a proven track record of delivering on time and under budget to join the Security Research team and own the security audit delivery process working alongside an existing Project Manager. Specifically:
- Coordinate with Sales during the pre-sales cycle to schedule audits.
- Coordinate with Auditors to estimate audit project timelines
- Manage team scheduling for client and research projects.
- Lead client kick-off meetings and maintain primary point of contact for all communications through the audit.
- Manage scope creep via change order process.
- Provide engagement status updates to internal leadership team and external clients.
- Evaluate and escalate issues to management and facilitate prompt resolution.
- Review and send final client deliverables.
- Coordinate with Marketing to publish audit reports.
- Work with Security Research team leaders to manage quality control.
- Monitor team performance against key metrics like revenue, costs, and margin.
- Successful candidates will have a technical background, and are comfortable with coding and code management tools
- Advanced knowledge of Github
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools such as MS Project, Trello, Asana, JIRA, etc
An advanced English level and great communication skills (oral and written).
Passion about the blockchain space and decentralization with a technical perspective
Superb organization and project management skills with the ability to work on and manage multiple complex projects with many stakeholders at the same time.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with clients on both technical an non-technical topics.
Experience with software scoping and Git version control. You should be able to understand codebase architectures at a high-level to resolve scoping issues.
Demonstrated experience working with professional services scheduling software.
The abilities needed to work collaboratively in a remote, distributed team.
Nice to have
Technical experience with blockchain technologies or computer security
Project management certification (PMP, Scrum Master, etc)
PMO or other people management experience
- Cybersecurity and/or auditing experience
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.