Open Source Developer - Contracts
- 📅22 days ago
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
What you'll be doing
As an Open Source Developer, you will join a team focused on building and maintaining our open source projects. These include libraries for helping with testing and upgrades as well as working with the https://openzeppelin.com/contracts/"> style="font-weight: 400;">Contracts library, the most popular solidity project in the space with an average of 50k downloads per week, a https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/openzeppelin-contracts"> style="font-weight: 400;">repository with 10.8k stars, used by over 25k projects in the ecosystem. You will be part of the team building the new https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/cairo-contracts"> style="font-weight: 400;">Cairo Contracts library for StarkNet, a zero knowledge rollup L2 scalability solution for Ethereum. The Cairo Contracts library includes the standard Account contract to serve all StarkNet users, and will have many of the same features as our Solidity Contracts library.
Note: training will be provided, no prior knowledge or working experience with Cairo is required.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to define the patterns used for smart contracts on StarkNet and across the ecosystem, effectively shaping how development is made and seeing those come to life in important projects within the space.
You will interact with the community to understand their needs as well as with the research and product teams at OpenZeppelin to collect their learnings and from these, be able to condense them into our libraries.
Specifically, you will:
- Design, implement, and maintain Cairo smart contracts for the OpenZeppelin Contracts libraries.
- Design, implement, and maintain open source tools and libraries for https://github.com/OpenZeppelin/openzeppelin-upgrades"> style="font-weight: 400;">upgrades management and http://zpl.in/wizard"> style="font-weight: 400;">bootstrapping contracts.
- Foster and review community contributions to the codebases.
- Coordinate with main stakeholders in the space to drive forward new standards for smart contracts.
- Gather requirements to drive the roadmaps for our projects.
- Provide documentation, guides, and support to users of the open source libraries, acting as a second line of support and helping our community leads as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience working in open source projects.
- Effective communications skills that will enable you to exchange information, knowledge, and ideas with the team and the community in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity working with Ethereum-compatible blockchains and the Solidity programming language.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills — all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to have
- Experience working closely with a community involved in a given open source project.
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.