Golang Developer - Forta
- 📅23 days ago
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
What you'll be doing
As a Forta Node Developer, you will join the Forta core dev team at OpenZeppelin working on Forta scan nodes. Forta is a decentralized protocol for scanning smart contracts that OpenZeppelin incubated and launched in 2021. Forta is already used by many top projects including Balancer, Compound, Curve, InstaDapp, Lido, Maker, UMA, Uniswap, and Yearn.
Forta scan nodes are built using Go and Docker and interact with Solidity smart contracts and IPFS. We are looking for developers who have strength in Go and Docker. We also operate Forta community resources in AWS, so skills in AWS services, Elasticsearch and GraphQL are a plus. All of our work integrates with Solidity smart contracts, so experience and understanding working with Ethereum and EVM-compatible blockchains is a must.
In this role, you will play an essential part in building new components, communicating with users and node runners to gather feedback, and working collaboratively with the rest of the team to make sure we solve important problems and provide a great user experience.
Specifically, you will:
- Design and implement new features including writing tests and documentation.
- Participate in community forums to collect feedback and define new features.
- Help build reliable and scalable systems with a strong focus on security.
- Contribute to the operational support of nodes that OpenZeppelin runs.
- 2+ years of experience developing programs in Golang.
- Good understanding of Ethereum and Solidity.
- Experience with Docker.
- Strong desire to learn about Ethereum and contribute to the blockchain space.
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Advanced English communication skills — all of our internal and external communication is in English.
Nice to have
- Good understanding of security concerns in the Ethereum ecosystem.
- Working knowledge of AWS services
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.