- 📅23 days ago
OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
About this role
OpenZeppelin’s Developer Advocate will lead our engagement with the global community of Web3 builders. This individual will be responsible for realizing our mission to empower builders of the decentralized economy through community engagement. The Developer Advocate will promote information about and drive the adoption of our developer tools: Smart Contract Libraries, Defender, Wizard, Guides, more. This individual will join a team working to ensure the expansion of web3, DeFi, and a strong decentralized economy.
The ideal candidate for this position has both a deep technical and community management background. The Developer Advocate should be comfortable leveraging OpenZeppelin developer-created content for messaging that resonates across a variety of channels as well as understanding technical community engagement to ensure questions and ideas get fielded to the appropriate people and teams.
What you’ll be doing
As our Developer Advocate, you join the Marketing team to liaise with the Development team and lead and manage aspects of community engagement. You will have the opportunity to engage with users, contributors, and investors, and play a critical role fostering OpenZeppelin’s role in the web3 ecosystem. Some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Drive high quality activity to OpenZeppelin channels and in our growing Forum of over 8,000 contributors
- Elevate technical content about OpenZeppelin Contracts, Defender, and security solutions
- Organize technical solidity questions related to our open source libraries in forums and on social media and respond when appropriate or send on to the developer team
- Identify and incentivize community leaders
- Address common user questions with docs, website copy, tutorials, how-to videos, blog posts, developer tools
- Host webinars, how-to guides, and more
- Monitor the latest trends
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to establish, and increase, engagement as well as develop educational content for the community
- Support OpenZeppelin events, including hackathons, meetups, webinars, and conferences
- Promote OpenZeppelin’s content on socials elevating Contracts, Defender, and more
- Manage and moderate social channels: Discord, Telegram, Twitter, etc.*
- Respond to and engage with community comments/DMs in a timely manner across social media channels
- Measure and report community trends and social media metrics to improve community engagement
- Be the voice of our community to the internal team so we can continue meeting their needs
- Maintain a pulse on the heart of web3
- Become an evangelist for OpenZeppelin Contracts, Defender, other developer tools, and our overall mission
- Experience developing smart contracts and working within the DeFi ecosystem
- Experience managing web3 developer communities
- A self motivated drive and a desire to push forward the frontier of decentralized development
- Experience working remotely with a global team, ideally within a fast-paced startup environment
- Excellent English communication skills
- You should be able to use your creativity, experience, and judgment to work independently providing community support
- Experience creating and distributing content across multiple platforms simultaneously
- Excellent communicator, natural bridge-builder and works well in highly competitive environments
Nice to have
- Solo developer of a Web3 application or contributor to a top tier project
- Comfortable with public speaking, being on camera to host events, networking
- Adept to the latest trends in DeFi and the greater web3 world
- Experience as a Developer Advocate at a top tier project
- Experience providing support for a high traffic open source project
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.