Developer Community Manager
- 🏛️ConsenSys Inc
- 🌐New York City, New York, United States, Remote, United States
- 📅2 months ago
We are Veramo, a project in ConsenSys Mesh.
Veramo is an open and modular framework for verifiable data. Our goal is to enable user control over their data and to build a foundation for scalable privacy and reputation systems.
We are a team of developers building the pieces in this ever-changing puzzle.
We believe that these kinds of tools can only be built in the open and that they must reflect the voice of the community using them. We know our stuff, but we need a voice to make it heard and to ensure that our community plays the most important role in its development.
About the role
We're looking for a Developer Community Manager to foster a welcoming, engaging, collaborative community of open source developers and ambassadors.
As a Developer Community Manager, you are responsible for maintaining and supporting developer community operations. On a day-to-day basis, you manage community initiatives to scale and support Veramo’s growing developer community. You train the community & partners, write and maintain onboarding materials and operational know-how and enhance the feedback loop between contributors, the developer community, and the development team.
You communicate with the developer community using various tools such as Discord, Slack, Github discussions, Telegram, Reddit, etc.
You organize, staff, and/or attend various conferences/meetups, hackathons, and other community events globally to raise awareness about our values and tools.
You maintain awareness of the connected projects in this growing ecosystem, as well as projects using our tools and prioritizing integrations. You can write sample code and demos and lead folks to the right resources.
This role is open to candidates in European, Eastern Standard or Central time zones. We are a remote-first company.
- You have proven experience in developer community management in an open source or start-up-type environment, developer marketing, or project management organizing developer events.
- You are able to work autonomously, set an agenda and prioritize and document your work with minimal input. You are someone who is known for their ability to collaborate and communicate in a global team.
- You are comfortable working remotely with a distributed team and a global community, across time zones, in English and potentially in multiple other languages.
- [Bonus] You already have some knowledge of the identity or web3/blockchain ecosystem and/or experience collaborating with the open-source developer community.
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our unpredictable-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
ConsenSys Mesh (a.k.a. Mesh) is an accelerator, incubator, investor, and enabler of blockchain technology solutions. Our mission is to champion global adoption and awareness of groundbreaking technologies in Web3 and DeFi.
Founded in 2015 by Ethereum co-founder Joseph Lubin, we are a network of loosely coupled, tightly aligned teams, products, and investments that include:
- A portfolio of 190+ equity and token positions
- Tachyon, our accelerator program for early stage Web3 startups
- Research & Development team making meaningful contributions to the Ethereum ecosystem
- A suite of incubated companies such as Gitcoin, Decrypt, Sobol, and more
We are a remote-friendly team with diverse backgrounds and a shared passion for advancing the arrival of Web3. Given our rich history and founder focus we have built an unparalleled network and a rapidly growing organization. To learn more visit https://mesh.xyz/"> style="font-weight: 400;">https://mesh.xyz/ style="font-weight: 400;">
Why join ConsenSys Mesh?
Here are some of the perks of being part of our unique organization
- One of the most recognized brands in the blockchain ecosystem globally. Work experience at ConsenSys Mesh is a tremendous asset for your career. Mesh alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll be joining a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Consensys Mesh is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex, and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.