DevOps Engineer (Codefi)
- 🌐United States, Europe, Remote
- 📅10 days ago
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/" target="_blank">here.
About the Codefi product group
Codefi is the blockchain application suite powering commerce and finance, built to optimize business processes and digitize financial instruments. Codefi is at the forefront of the blockchain fintech revolution and builds, deploys and runs critical applications across both Enterprise and crypto/DeFi and multiple blockchain verticals (digital assets, payments, workflows, data, staking). The product group is composed of multiple decentralised product teams across all verticals distributed across Europe and US and working mostly remotely.
What you’ll get to work on
As a DevOps Engineer within ConsenSys Codefi you will be joining a world reference technical team with State of the Art expertise in developing & delivering advanced decentralized applications (Ðapps) and supporting development and production infrastructure. Your job will be to deliver, upgrade and maintain infrastructure with high cybersecurity standards (ISO/SOC2). You will be involved and drive in our code deployment (CI / CD) and setting-up, configuring and running development/test and staging/production infrastructure across multiple products and critical applications and multiple cloud providers (AWS, Azure). With the objective to drive towards standard infrastructure tooling and configuration across our group.
This position requires a combination of technological skills, organisational skills, thinking strategically, security first mindset, pro-activity, problem solving & creativity, pedagogical methodology, team spirit and strong documentation practises. It involves collaborating with other DevOps and QA engineers of Codefi, cross-functional product teams (made of PO, Developers) and also our Customer Success SRE and cross cutting infrastructure teams working on multiple types of problems & challenges, empowering development teams on a day to day while thinking strategically and planning for platform growth.
- Hands-on DevOps engineering skills and mindset
- 2+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer
(some experience as Security Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) counts)
- Experience as a developer or familiarity in one or more of the following languages:
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS and/or Azure
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and containerization
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Gitlab CI, Jenkins, or CircleCI)
- Experience with monitoring systems (ELK, EFK, Prometheus)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform)
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers, web application firewalls, ingress controllers) and cybersecurity practises
- Experience with setting-up highly secure infrastructures with no Single Point of Failure, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Ability to operate in a decentralised team and remote working environment
- Strong documentation practises
Bonus Points for:
- Experience building infrastructure tooling and configuration set-up that can scale across multiple products and deployments with high standardisation & maintainability
- Understanding Blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Experience deploying blockchain networks or applications
(Dapps or Enterprise blockchain-based APIs)
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools, Docker and artefact/package repositories (Harbor, Cloudsmith, Nexus)
- Experience working in a ISO/SOC2 certified company/startup and/or experience of ISO/SOC2 certification process and requirements
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, decentralised, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/"> style="font-weight: 400;">here.