Senior DevOps Engineer
- 📅a month ago
Senior DevOps Engineer
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
As a DevOps engineer your work will be around building and supporting the infrastructure and processes that enable us to reach 40+ million users and scale 10x and beyond.
Our tech stack:
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will...
- ensure our web services stay up and continuous delivery processes stay green
- build, migrate, improve and secure cloud infrastructure and services
- develop code to test, automate, deploy and manage services and applications
- manage production environments and be available to assist out of hours
- work independently but also collaborate and be proactive in assisting colleagues
- build PoC and continuously optimize processes
- research for the best practices, be resourceful in interfacing with different teams and roles
- experience with AWS services like EC2, EC2, ECS, EKS, Cloudfront, VPC, Lambda
- familiar with CI pipelines as code using Jenkins and GitHub Actions
- exposure to Terraform (or CloudFormation, Pulumi, CDK)
- aware of Ansible, Packer
- mindful about privacy and security
Nice to haves
- cryptocurrency or blockchain experience
- build and release engineering
- automated testing experience at scale
- crawling, scraping, data mining
- analytics and data pipelines
- performance testing and tuning
- security audits, pentesting, blue/red team
- web development
This position is available anywhere in the world but no visa sponsorship provided.
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
https://www.linkedin.com/company/brave-software/mycompany/"> style="font-weight: 400;">LinkedIn | https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Brave-EI_IE2159279.11,16.htm"> style="font-weight: 400;">Glassdoor | https://brave.com/"> style="font-weight: 400;">brave.com