Brave Wallet - Sr. Software Engineer - Core
- 📅a month ago
Senior Software Engineer, Wallet (core)
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave is looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer with a focus on cryptocurrency integrations with Brave. You'll work on our Brave Wallet. This is a high profile and impactful, hands-on position. Work together with our product designers, developers and privacy/security experts to help us take our wallet to the next level.
- Work closely with the backend team to understand intricacies and help iterate on components used to build our wallet libraries.
- Integrate new features in brave-core that help our front-end team connect prototypes to live data.
- Be up-to-date with upcoming protocol upgrades, BIPs, EIPs, etc.
- Be involved in investigating bugs around blockchain edge cases.
- 5+ years experience with application development.
- Strong C++ development skills required.
- History of open source contributions.
- Good understanding of blockchain protocols (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Solana, etc.) and the DeFi ecosystem are a plus.
- Familiarity with cryptocurrency wallet stack (mechanics, UX, etc.).
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams.
- Comfortable working in an open source setting.
- A passion for helping protect users' privacy and security.
- Written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Proven record of getting things done.
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
https://www.linkedin.com/company/brave-software/mycompany/"> style="font-weight: 400;">LinkedIn | https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Brave-EI_IE2159279.11,16.htm"> style="font-weight: 400;">Glassdoor | https://brave.com/"> style="font-weight: 400;">brave.com