- 📅2 months ago
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Brave has a number of backend services devoted to making the Brave browser experience the best on the web. Brave Sync helps users manage bookmarks, passwords and much more across all of their devices. Brave Ads is Brave’s global private ad network, redesigned from the ground up to reward users while enforcing the highest standards of user privacy. Both end users and partners depend on our backend code to work reliably day in and day out, and scale up to meet ever increasing demand. We are looking for a great backend engineer who can help us scale, maintain and drive efficiency in our backend infrastructure.
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
- An eye toward monitoring and reliability
- Strives to deliver documented, maintainable, and testable code
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proven record of getting things done
Nice to haves
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with ad-tech/martech ecosystem
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
Check us out
https://www.linkedin.com/company/brave-software/mycompany/"> style="font-weight: 400;">LinkedIn | https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Brave-EI_IE2159279.11,16.htm"> style="font-weight: 400;">Glassdoor | http://brave.com/"> style="font-weight: 400;">brave.com